Old TORG Boxed Set Rulebook PDF?

JohnK

Re: Old TORG Boxed Set Rulebook PDF?

Postby JohnK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Hullo, Jetstream,

Jetstream wrote:He found it on BitTorrent. It almost certainly wasn't an official product, it would've likely been a scan.

So the reason US didn't use it is because they probably don't have one.

Makes as much sense as any, I suppose.

That, or everyone else is using the TORG 1.5 rules.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Hullo, Rabbitball,

Rabbitball wrote:Exactly. It appears the entire Boxed Set (Rulebook, World Book, Adventure Book) aren't there, but they were in the BitTorrent. So I am willing to send copies of what I have if Ulisses wants them. (They may want to edit some of the bookmarks out that beg for money though).

I really hope Ulisses takes you up on this, to be honest. I don't want to pay the asking price I've seen some places for the Boxed Set. :(
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

Ayaron

Postby Ayaron » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:52 pm

JohnK wrote:I really hope Ulisses takes you up on this, to be honest. I don't want to pay the asking price I've seen some places for the Boxed Set. :(

Ooh. Is it worth money?

*looks at his box set on his shelf thoughtfully*

;)

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Hullo, Ayaron,

Ayaron wrote:
JohnK wrote:I really hope Ulisses takes you up on this, to be honest. I don't want to pay the asking price I've seen some places for the Boxed Set. :(

Ooh. Is it worth money?
*looks at his box set on his shelf thoughtfully*
;)

Yes, yes, it can be. I really want a physical copy, but have budgetary limits now that I'm retired. *sigh*
=====

JohnK

Lime2K

Postby Lime2K » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:35 pm

Well, I PM'd Eric about my PDF, and he said he'd ask about it, and for me to remind him after Gencon (for which I totally understand the insanity that it brings…) :D

So.... there may be Possibilities! ;) May the Law of Hope be on our side!
I'm just glad Las Vegas isn't in the Living Land, otherwise we'd have some problems...

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 pm

I think we need the Law of the Underdog to kick in too... 8-)
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Hullo, Lime2K,

Lime2K wrote:Well, I PM'd Eric about my PDF, and he said he'd ask about it, and for me to remind him after Gencon (for which I totally understand the insanity that it brings…) :D

I'll be at GenCon myself, so I know what you mean. It's more insane for the folks with booths in the Exhibit Hall than it is for regular attendees, but not by much. Then again, I just hope they put the a/c on in the Exhibit Hall area while the vendors are setting up.

Lime2K wrote:So.... there may be Possibilities! ;) May the Law of Hope be on our side!
I'm just glad Las Vegas isn't in the Living Land, otherwise we'd have some problems...

The Law of Hope vs. Vegas gambling odds? Eeek! :)
=====

JohnK

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Hullo, Rabbitball,

Rabbitball wrote:I think we need the Law of the Underdog to kick in too... 8-)

Totally agree! (And the more Laws we can get on our side, the better the odds.) :)
=====

JohnK

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Has anyone heard anything new about this? I used to have a copy of the original rulebook on PDF, then it got replaced by the Revised & Expanded. While I love Kansas Jim's work, I would really love to have my old copy back, which unfortunately I copied over with 1.5... now I have two copies of 1.5... damn't, USNA!!! I should have checked every last book in the download before I copied them over the ones I was able to get BEFORE Eternity was announced!!!

Lime2K

Postby Lime2K » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Well, I provided my pdf scan to Ulissess, it's up to them what they do with it.
(I still think it should be added to the Torg Revised/Expanded DTRPG listing, but not my call.)

--Lime2K

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”