Character Generator for Windows

carldot34

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby carldot34 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 am

Thanks! I don't now how i managed not to see that! Just sent you $10!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 am

greybird wrote:
Spatula wrote:Is anyone else getting this "max connections" page with the forums?

I'm getting that, too.

And thank you.

/edit - and both issues seem solved now.

I saw that too. I put it down to a DoS attack or similar. The GodNet invasion.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:05 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
greybird wrote:
Spatula wrote:Is anyone else getting this "max connections" page with the forums?

I'm getting that, too.

And thank you.

/edit - and both issues seem solved now.

I saw that too. I put it down to a DoS attack or similar. The GodNet invasion.

A DDoS from GodNet would be a Divine Denial of Service.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:28 am

Hi, Spatula. First of all, thank you so much for all that you do with the character generator, it's SO helpful. I seem to be having an issue, though, where I can't open any of my previously created characters. And it doesn't matter which version I try opening it with, even older versions don't open any of them. I'm always getting this error message:

System.Exception: File version not supported: file v1.6.3.0, app v1.3.3.0 at SRS.Games.Tocg.GameData.CharacterSerializer.InternalRead(Streamstream) at SRS.Games.Tocg.GameData.CharacterSerializer.Deserialize(Stringfilename) at SRS.Games.Torg.CharacterGenerator.SaveLoadHelper.LoadCharacter(String filename)

I used the download link this morning to make sure I had the latest version, and am still having the issue. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Edit: For some reason the "(latest)" version that the time stamp said I downloaded today was only 1.3.3, but when I re-attempted to download it again, it's the latest version, and it's working fine. Don't know what happened. Anyway, I appreciate everything!

Edit: Sigh. Looks like I spoke too soon. :) Version 2.0.2.3 will open old character sheets, but will error out whenever I try to do anything on them, and also errors out when I try to make a new one. The error message is:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Sorry about the confusion, and thanks again for any help.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm

mystic101 wrote:

Heya Mystic, I PM'd you but I guess you didn't see it. I do appreciate you reporting the issue, but I can't actually do anything without the problem-causing file! The PM I sent has my email, please email me the character file that is causing you issues.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:26 pm

So an incomplete feature that I wasn't intending to push out got accidentally published in v2.0.2.3, and it's causing issues because you don't have a file in your directory that I do have in mine. If you have that version, please download latest. My apologies for the mistake.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”