Character Generator for Windows

QuarrelBlue

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks for all the improvement, but i think I have some trouble...
(Some are inconvinience, but some others look more ominous.)

Non-Human Characters cannot be exported as txt.

To be honest I feel right-click for weapon enhancement confusing, and enhancement for dual-wield guns more confusing.

Thav Integrated Weapon Mount indicates that a Thav weapon should be bought when the mount is installed and the cost is added to the Occultech implant cost, but the Rule text seems to be saying otherwise.

Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount needs some system to pay for the weapon enhancement on its integrated weapon from Cyberware Perk budget.
(I don't think an integrated Godmeeter with Smartgun Attachment and Smart Ammo to be an unusual choice. "Create Custom Item" can do if there is an option to pick up an existing item and add up the cost of items gained with "get an item" effect, but considering dual-wield with a handheld weapon and an integrated weapon it may be better to keep the integrated weapon "a regular weapon with some enhancement", not "custom weapon")

And, a combination with with normal handheld dual-wield guns and an integrated cyberweapon of the same model can cause something wrong(I think it's when enhanced cyberweapon is removed and reinstalled after handheld one is bought twice and enhanced, but the whole thing is awful and confused...).

Also, I think weapon availability for Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount needs some update(a 500-pounder Bomb can be installed into an arm, while a Godbeam LaserRifle used as Renegade Priest's official cyberweapon cannot. That's not true. I like the idea of Integrated CyberExplosive for La Resistance[Ohé, saboteur, attention à ton fardeau : dynamite...], but it's a hand[or arm]ful of Composition C to be clevery positioned, not a 250kg of aerial bomb somehow fitted into a human{or Keefee if you want} body).

I'm not sure for Heirloom Perk, but it seems to be working wrongly when you put three enchantment into it.

And, when you take Heirloom BattleAxe+2 and buy a battleaxe you get two axes, but if you buy a battleaxe and take Heirloom BattleAxe+2 you'll get only one axe.

It's been greatly helpful anyway, and I'm looking forward to the next update(not in a hurry, everyone has their own business...).

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 pm

So, items stacking and item enhancements is an issue that I did not consider at all. That will be rectified ASAP.

QuarrelBlue wrote:Non-Human Characters cannot be exported as txt.

Whoops! Fixed.

QuarrelBlue wrote:Thav Integrated Weapon Mount indicates that a Thav weapon should be bought when the mount is installed and the cost is added to the Occultech implant cost, but the Rule text seems to be saying otherwise.

The table text says the cost of the item is included, the description is unclear, and it's not in the FAQ. So for now it works like the Trigon implant.

You don't have to buy a weapon for the integrated weapon implants. If you want, you can get a weapon (or whatever) with your regular budget and add a note to it (right-click the item, "Add Note") that says "Integrated" or something.

QuarrelBlue wrote:I don't think an integrated Godmeeter with Smartgun Attachment and Smart Ammo to be an unusual choice.

No one's ever brought it up before now! :) Is the issue just that you want the attachments to come out of the Cyberware budget? (the ammo is not part of the cyberware IMO)

QuarrelBlue wrote:Also, I think weapon availability for Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount needs some update(a 500-pounder Bomb can be installed into an arm, while a Godbeam LaserRifle used as Renegade Priest's official cyberweapon cannot. That's not true. I like the idea of Integrated CyberExplosive for La Resistance[Ohé, saboteur, attention à ton fardeau : dynamite...], but it's a hand[or arm]ful of Composition C to be clevery positioned, not a 250kg of aerial bomb somehow fitted into a human{or Keefee if you want} body).

It just grabs all weapons, save for rifles and bigger, which is why explosive end up in there but the GodBeam does not. I never noticed that the Renegade Priest archetype has a laser rifle arm before; it's not reflected in the art.

You can customize this in your CustomData/CustomGameData.xml file:

Code: Select all

<Gear>
    <Item name="Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount" category="Cyberware" cosm="CP" tech="26" contradiction="false" fromPerk="true" dollars="1000">
      <AddToItem categories="Weapon,General" maxSize="Bulky" minTech="19" />
      <Summary>Conceals weapon or item within body.</Summary>
      <Description>Please see page 161 in the Torg Eternity Core Rulebook.</Description>
    </Item>
  </Gear>

This would bump up the size restriction to exclude only Bulky and vehicle weapons.

QuarrelBlue wrote:I'm not sure for Heirloom Perk, but it seems to be working wrongly when you put three enchantment into it.

It doesn't, because 3 enchantments would be an Artifact (at least) and the perk only gives you an Arcane item. Enchanting an already enchanted item makes it Arcane, and adding an Enchantment to an Arcane item makes it an Artifact.

Thanks for the feedback!

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:40 am

The item stacking issue with the item enhancements has been addressed. The current version is 2.0.0.6.

I also put in a notification if you pick too many enchantments for the Heirloom perk, although it doesn't police the final item's magical level.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 am

Spatula wrote:The item stacking issue with the item enhancements has been addressed. The current version is 2.0.0.6.

I also put in a notification if you pick too many enchantments for the Heirloom perk, although it doesn't police the final item's magical level.

Thanks. I just tried it and...

Cosm: Aysle (Magic: 24, Social: 16, Spirit: 18, Tech: 14)
Attributes: Charisma 8, Dexterity 8, Mind 8, Spirit 8, Strength 8
Skills: Find (F) 8, melee weapons 11, reality 9, tracking (F) 8
Move: 8 (24); Tough: 9 (1); Shock: 8; Wounds: 3
Weapons: Battle Axe #2 (Strength +3/11), Bite (Strength +1/9, Restrain on Good+), Hrockt Shoot Spear (Strength +2/10, Ammo 1, Range 10/20/40, Thrown), Long Bow (Damage 12, Ammo 1, Range 20/40/80, Min Str 8+, Two Handed), Spear (x2) (Strength +2/10, Ammo 1, Range 10/20/40, Reach 2, Thrown), Throwing Axe (x2) (Strength +2/10, Ammo 1, Range 5/10/15), Throwing Spear (Strength +2/10, Ammo 1, Range 10/20/40)
Armor & Shields: Furs (Tough +1, Tests vs. cold Favored)
Gear: Hexxer MK II (ignore 1/2 Shock from spell fail, bonus to spellcasting), Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount (Conceals weapon or item within body)
Perks: Heirloom (Gain Arcane item worth up to $15,000. Option: Create Custom Arcane Item. Item: Claw Blade. Enhancement: Endless Ammo, Armor Piercing), Strong Pull (Increase damage, minimum Strength of bow (not xbow))
Possibilities: 3
Wealth: \415
Special Abilities:
Dog's Body: Don't have hands, armor/clothes must be special-made.
Keen Senses: Find, Tracking are Favored, ignore 2 points of darkness penalties.

*)Cyberware Implant Perk malfunctioning.
*)Heirloom still stacks into previously purchased weapon, and you can sell Heirloom weapon this way.
*)Strong Pull doesn't affect Long Bow stats itself, is that right?
*)It's not an error, but I hope the hidden Melee trait of Throwing Axe to be clearly declared and standardized with Spear.
(Should it be discussed at Rules Questions first?)
*)Also, not an error, but "Ammo belt is contradictory for a Pulp Hero but you can buy it anyway" doesn't look sitting well. Can there be obtainable extra normal ammo for lower Tech Axiom like ones used in Masked Crusader official Archetype?

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:45 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Cyberware Implant Perk malfunctioning.
*)Heirloom still stacks into previously purchased weapon, and you can sell Heirloom weapon this way.
*)Strong Pull doesn't affect Long Bow stats itself, is that right?
*)It's not an error, but I hope the hidden Melee trait of Throwing Axe to be clearly declared and standardized with Spear.
(Should it be discussed at Rules Questions first?)
*)Also, not an error, but "Ammo belt is contradictory for a Pulp Hero but you can buy it anyway" doesn't look sitting well. Can there be obtainable extra normal ammo for lower Tech Axiom like ones used in Masked Crusader official Archetype?

Ah jeez. That's what I get for thinking it was just some minor changes and not bothering to run my tests before pushing out an update. My apologies to everyone who downloaded the previous version.

A new version has been uploaded, v2.0.0.7.

Cybernetics are working again and Heirloom will not mistake existing items for the heirloom.

Strong Pull's effect is an enhancement, as multiple bows could be affected, someone with the perk could modify someone else's weapon, or someone could pick up a Strong Pullerr's bow. The permanent runes from the Runemaker perk work similarly.

Re: axes & spears, I just put in what's in the books. Easy to modify in the Custom file if you want to tweak it.

Re: ammo belt, again, that's what's in the core rules. My own custom data has a Bandolier item that is a tech 15 ammo belt:

Code: Select all

<Gear>
    <Item name="Bandolier" category="General" cosm="NE" tech="15" contradiction="false" fromPerk="false" dollars="100">
      <Summary>Includes 5 reloads or 50 bullets.</Summary>
    </Item>
  </Gear>
You can also create a one-off custom item if you like.

Thanks for doing some testing for me! :)

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Ok, I think I'm missing something... :(

I've got a Nile Empire character who started with Regeneration and Tough as Nails.

The character now has 10XP and would like to add the Fast Healing enhancement. I'm on XP Spend Mode.
1) if I right click and Reset Choices for Regen, select Fast Healing and the number of selections goes to -1 with the Ok greyed out.
2) if I do Add Perk and select Regeneration, it spends 5 XP, but doesn't show on the perk list and acts like above if I right click on the existing Regeneration perk.

What am I missing?

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:22 pm

TCArknight wrote:Ok, I think I'm missing something... :(

I've got a Nile Empire character who started with Regeneration and Tough as Nails.

The character now has 10XP and would like to add the Fast Healing enhancement. I'm on XP Spend Mode.
1) if I right click and Reset Choices for Regen, select Fast Healing and the number of selections goes to -1 with the Ok greyed out.
2) if I do Add Perk and select Regeneration, it spends 5 XP, but doesn't show on the perk list and acts like above if I right click on the existing Regeneration perk.

What am I missing?

Reset Choices is for re-selecting already chosen options. You could for example use it to reconfigure the perk with Fast Healing but it would have to be offset by a major limit or two minor limits.

To add Fast Healing with XP, you take the perk again as you did in #2. You’ll get a window similar to before but with just enhancements and no limits, and it will show a budget of 1. Select Fast Healing and click OK.

Edit: oh, I see. The canceled reset on the perk messed the perk’s state up.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 pm

TCArknight wrote:...

I'll put a fix in so users can't repeat the mistake, but in the meantime the thing for you to do to fix things is to try "reset choices" again, but click "OK" this time. Then add the perk as normal to add on Fast Healing.

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Thank you! :) That worked perfectly.

greybird

Postby greybird » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Is there a way to set the Reality skill to zero? I'm trying to make printer-friendly versions of the Day One characters, who start out as ords, and I can't find a way to take the Reality skill away from them.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”