Living Land Day 2 Playtesters Wanted

dchart

Living Land Day 2 Playtesters Wanted

Postby dchart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 pm

I have a Day 2 Living Land Adventure, The Road to Philadelphia. (Three Acts, three scenes per act.) I'm planning to put it up on the Infiniverse when that goes live, as long as I don't turn out to be violating the conditions. Before that, I would really like to get some feedback from other people, ideally from people who would like to play it through. I'd like to be ready to go live when the Infiniverse does, so I'd really like fast feedback. You will get playtest credit and a free copy of the final version (ooh! Another digital copy of something you already have! For free!). At the moment, it relies in part on stats from Day One, because I'm not sure how much of those we'll be allowed to copy.

Is anyone interested?
David Chart
Infiniverse Exchange Author
Infiniverse Product Bundle: Half Price Until October 1st!

MalicWanderer

Re: Living Land Day 2 Playtesters Wanted

Postby MalicWanderer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I'm guessing your looking at an online playtest? I'm certainly interested, availability depending. Which is a bit tricky right now due to real life bs but I can usually figure something out in the general afternoon-evening American Eastern Time range.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 pm

What he ↑ said.

RamblingScribe

Postby RamblingScribe » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:39 pm

I am assuming the opposite; that you are looking for GMs to run the game with their home group and give you feedback.

I'm up for it.

dchart

Postby dchart » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:37 am

I wasn't clear, sorry. RamblingScribe is right; I am looking for someone else to try to run it from what I have written.

Hmm. It looks as though I need to post more before I can send Private Messages. RamblingScribe, can you PM me?

Online is likely to be tricky, because I'm in Japan, and thus 13 to 16 hours ahead of the USA. Has something been sorted out for doing the cards online?
David Chart

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:18 am

Roll20 has a card decks feature. It's tedious to get setup because you have to upload each card as an individual image but it's easy enough to use after you set it up.

I don't have links handy but I know there's a couple threads on here about running online and gm Matt has a YouTube tutorial about setting up the cards.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 am

Is this structured for players to bring their own characters? I'd be happy to help, but I've been running Day One adventures for the past couple of months. My players are chomping at the bit to start the actual campaign.

How important is it that this happens in Day 2? Can I modify it slightly to allow for Day 90 but maintain and test the foundation of the scenario?

Although, I'm running some demos at Midwest GameFest next weekend, so I may be able to do a trial run there if it's designed to be completed in a 4-hour slot. I'd be providing the players with the archetypes unless yours requires pregens.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

dchart

Postby dchart » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Kuildeous wrote:Is this structured for players to bring their own characters? I'd be happy to help, but I've been running Day One adventures for the past couple of months. My players are chomping at the bit to start the actual campaign.

It is supposed to work with people's own characters.

Kuildeous wrote:How important is it that this happens in Day 2? Can I modify it slightly to allow for Day 90 but maintain and test the foundation of the scenario?

I would think so, but you would need to modify it, mainly to provide explanations for why people are where they are doing what they are doing. The content should work at any point, but the current backstory is that the invasion has just happened, so something new would be needed. There is one scene that may need a little more modification, because there are standard Day 90 characters who would undermine the assumption behind its Step A.

Kuildeous wrote:Although, I'm running some demos at Midwest GameFest next weekend, so I may be able to do a trial run there if it's designed to be completed in a 4-hour slot. I'd be providing the players with the archetypes unless yours requires pregens.

I don't think it could be finished in 4 hours; it has three acts, and they aren't designed to stand alone.

I would be very interested in hearing how easily it adapts to Day 90+, if you would be interested in playtesting.
David Chart

Big Lurker

Postby Big Lurker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I'd have no problems running it for my group; we tore through the Day One and had a blast. Unfortunately, I need a little more time to set up a full campaign, and the mini adventures in the Delphi Council book aren't a substitute for full length games. They're better left for a lull between Acts, or at the end of a session if they get through things quickly...

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”