Here comes the Living Land Kickstarter...

Kamelion

Re: Here comes the Living Land Kickstarter...

Postby Kamelion » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:44 am

Rabbitball wrote:Borr Aka DO move (as opposed to the Borr Coar, which are more calcified, or the Borr Zinatt, which are too spiritual to think about such mundane things as movement...) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

;)
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Lmao

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 am

Why is Baruk Kaah changing the axioms?!?

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 am

Spatula wrote:Why is Baruk Kaah changing the axioms?!?

I don't know, but I'm leaning toward voting either Tech or nothing, rather than Social. Bumping up Tech by 1 just adds shortbows and slings, no big deal. Bumping up Social would allow for city-states and would make taxation commonplace, which seems really weird for a "savage" reality.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

mystic101 wrote:

I don't know, but I'm leaning toward voting either Tech or nothing, rather than Social. Bumping up Tech by 1 just adds shortbows and slings, no big deal. Bumping up Social would allow for city-states and would make taxation commonplace, which seems really weird for a "savage" reality.

Well, yes and no. That could be mitigated with presentation. I’m not a historian but consider the Aztecs. They had the savage vibe while having such a culture. I’m not looking at the chart right now, but would that suggest the ability of large scale military action?

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:15 am

I'm not in favor of Bumping the Social, but I understand why Kaah might be. Makes a large scale war easier to plan. But I'm either voting Tech or nothing. I like the Social where it is.

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 am

After more thought, I think the Tech bump would make the Living Land a little more playable for some characters. For instance, an Ayslish archer could switch out their longbow for a shortbow, and then be able to adventure in the Living Land without too much of a problem. Anything that makes the LL even a bit more welcoming for players helps. For me, it's always been the place where I least want to go.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 am

mystic101 wrote:

Don't forget seaworthy ships.

Personally I'd like to keep the tech and social where they are and so my choice is "none", but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Social for edeinos city states as I really don't think edeinos warriors with bows and ships feels right. Taxation could be easily ignored as there isn't really an economy.

I don't particularly care for this stretch goal, but I guess it's one way to do it, and I can ignore it if I want. I felt though it should more of something that is decided by feedback from a published adventure with multiple win conditions to be more organic. Just seems too meta and arbitrary to change the setting based on the outcome of a money raising event, but I'm glad there is a poll and an option to vote none.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:56 am

I had no idea what you guys were talking about with the axiom shift. I had to go out to KS to look. Hmm, yeah, that stretch goal is not very enticing. I feel this could happen with or without the KS hitting its goal.

On the other hand, a bookmark with the bonus chart on one side is rather clever, and I would not mind having that in my survival box (assuming I stay at that level, which I may because FOMO).

But yeah, I think if Baruk Kaah wanted to bump an axiom for a benefit, it'd definitely be Social. He already has a huge advantage against tech with their miracles and natural weaponry. Why reduce the opposition's disadvantage by letting them use slightly more advanced weapons against the edeinos? On the other hand, Kaah could make use of the Social axiom to better coordinate his tribes. It also means that Core Earth resistance is hurt by the sudden drop in axiom. This could come back to bite Kaah in the butt, especially since Thrakmoss could exploit it as well.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm

I wish it were clearer what that axiom stretch goal means. Right now, it almost feels like a threat -- "this new cosm book is going to completely disagree with the core rulebook that you already have." Like, I'm actually nervous about hitting it, worried that not enough people will vote "none" and I'll be stuck with two contradicting info sets about the Living Land.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”