Torg at the Movies

Blackfang108

Re: Torg at the Movies

Postby Blackfang108 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:32 pm

And here I thought my to-watch list was already full...

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Spatula wrote:By the by, and very timely considering the end of the Nile Kickstarter, Netflix US currently has the Indiana Jones and the Brendon Fraiser/Rachel Weisz Mummy movies available.

Make that "Brendon Fraiser Mummy movies"; I didn't realize there was a third one (Tomb of the Dragon Emperor) that replaced Weisz with Maria Bello. I'm slowly working my way through it, and it's actually decent, so far! Though it would probably be better if Rick and Evie O'Connell weren't in it. Seems like there was an intention to "pass the torch" to the next generation with this one but their parts are feeling rather superfluous.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 am

Spatula wrote:
Spatula wrote:By the by, and very timely considering the end of the Nile Kickstarter, Netflix US currently has the Indiana Jones and the Brendon Fraiser/Rachel Weisz Mummy movies available.

Make that "Brendon Fraiser Mummy movies"; I didn't realize there was a third one (Tomb of the Dragon Emperor) that replaced Weisz with Maria Bello. I'm slowly working my way through it, and it's actually decent, so far! Though it would probably be better if Rick and Evie O'Connell weren't in it. Seems like there was an intention to "pass the torch" to the next generation with this one but their parts are feeling rather superfluous.

The Dragon Emperor was a decent action flick, but it was not the sequel we deserved. It was better than The Scorpion King; at least it didn't promise answers it failed to deliver.

If I were going to binge watch for the NE release, I would go with the obvious: Jones and the Mummies you mentioned, Mystery Men; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Casa Blanca; The Maltese Falcon; and I think I would include the original Kung Fu TV series with David Carradine (Kwai Chang Caine is obviously a lone Storm Knight on a long campaign, trying to get by in a realm where he is a walking contradiction)

With Aysle coming soonish, I have to include a shout out to Ash Lad in the Hall of the Mountain King. Aside from the tech level, it doesn't fit the Cosm well, but it totally nails the early invasion Realm, I think...most people refusing to believe in magic and fairy creatures until it's too late for example.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:55 am

Could probably fit King Solomon's Mines and Alan Quartermain and The Lost City of Gold in there as well dependent on your tolerance for dated cheese. ;)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”