Nile Empire Kickstarter stretch goal PDFs going out

TorgHacker

Re: Nile Empire Kickstarter stretch goal PDFs going out

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am

So, I did want to make a couple of comments in response now that I'm doing the revisions.

Padre wrote:I really like the Core Earth Religions PDF and I think it's going to be a great resource for GMs. One of the things I always appreciated about OTorg was the respectful way it handled religion in the game and showed it as a force for good in the world and I think this is very solidly in this tradition. Also, now I want to build and play a Vatican Secret Service agent/combat exorcist. :lol:

I have a couple suggested edits for it, though. Some of this is technical and a bit pedantic, but I hope they make the final product better.

Under Tenets:
Second bullet: I would recommend changing it to "Jesus Christ is the Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary."
This ties it back to the wording of the Apostles and Nicene Creeds which many, if not most, Christians will be familiar with. It will just read right to them. :)

I did tweak this, but I do want to make clear I'm not writing a document for believers, so I'm not looking to replicate specific wordings of creeds, especially since different sects will have different wordings.

Fifth Bullet: Change Godhead to God. Godhead is a more technical term that I only see used in specific circumstances.

I did get the document checked by a religious scholar and this was the term she used, so I'll be keeping it as is.

Eighth Bullet: Judgment is misspelled.

Some words have multiple spellings. "Judgement" is one of them.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Spatula wrote:Secrets of the Nile:

page 15, Hosni Hajjar, Looking for Trouble ability - why does his vest give a penalty to Dex-based tests? The regular bulletproof vest from the Nile book doesn't do that.

Because the Nile BP vest has Max Dex 8, and this was the easiest way to account for that.

But since we made him Core Earth instead of the Nile Empire like he was originally, I'm just making that a Kevlar Vest and dispensing with it. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 am

TorgHacker wrote:

I can't speak for the US or Canada but in the UK and Australia both spellings are correct, though there is a strong convention in legal circles to use "judgment" when speaking about a ruling by a judge. Can't speak about a ruling from the On High :lol:

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 am

Kanaris wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

I can't speak for the US or Canada but in the UK and Australia both spellings are correct, though there is a strong convention in legal circles to use "judgment" when speaking about a ruling by a judge. Can't speak about a ruling from the On High :lol:

No one will receive it judgment over a perceived lack of judgement in choice of spelling certain words.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”