Nile Empire Indigo Leather Edition

Taliesin

Nile Empire Indigo Leather Edition

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:39 pm

As requested by a backer, here are a couple of pictures of the Nile Empire indigo leather edition. As you can see, it's more blue than purple, but top quality as always:

Front cover:
nile_leather-bound1.jpg
Front cover
nile_leather-bound1.jpg (626.85 KiB) Viewed 778 times

Close-up:
nile_leather-bound2.jpg
Close-up
nile_leather-bound2.jpg (478.84 KiB) Viewed 778 times

The only notable difference from the Living Land book is the missing cosm name.

Zackzenobi

Re: Nile Empire Indigo Leather Edition

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Looks awesome.

But I love the cover art on the other one and i was already spending $500 on the Archetype level.

johnomar

Postby johnomar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Thanks for posting the picture. Mine's noticeably darker than that. The color is so close to the "blue leatherette" editions of the Core Rules and The Living Land I'm having trouble deciding which to report as a no-show from the order.

(Anyone able to post a picture of the Leatherette Edition for comparison?)

To my eye there's a strong difference between your "blue" and mine. I posted a pick of it next to the leatherette from the Living Land for comparison of colors.
Attachments
Book 02.JPG
Book 02.JPG (51.76 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Books 01.JPG
Books 01.JPG (38.24 KiB) Viewed 746 times

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:38 pm

johnomar wrote:To my eye there's a strong difference between your "blue" and mine

There is indeed. I took my picture outside and it was a very sunny day. Not to mention that pictures taken with my phone are usually too saturated. So I'd say that my book actually looks a bit darker than what I've posted, but definitely brighter than yours.
Your Nile book doesn't have this marbled look, so my guess is that you've gotten the leather edition, but I can't be sure. They should feel very different to the touch though.

Zackzenobi wrote:But I love the cover art on the other one...

Agreed. It's probably the best sourcebook cover art to date. Glad I got a spare book with this KS.

Zackzenobi wrote:...and i was already spending $500 on the Archetype level.

Totally understandable. Which archetype did you make?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Taliesin wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:But I love the cover art on the other one...

Agreed. It's probably the best sourcebook cover art to date. Glad I got a spare book with this KS.

Damn, this gives me warm fuzzies. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Taliesin wrote:
johnomar wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:...and i was already spending $500 on the Archetype level.

Totally understandable. Which archetype did you make?

For Nile Empire, I made The Chosen Hero. It was my Homage to the Mummy movies. The Archetype is a cross between Rick O'Connell and Evelyn Carnahan. I also wanted to give an interesting option that wasn't a Mystery Man. I'll leave it to others as to whether or not I succeeded.

Hawk Knight

Postby Hawk Knight » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 am

Why do people keep saying Indigo is purplish? Indigo is rich darker blue. Check the colors of the rainbow.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 am

Zackzenobi wrote:For Nile Empire, I made The Chosen Hero. It was my Homage to the Mummy movies. The Archetype is a cross between Rick O'Connell and Evelyn Carnahan.

Cool idea. And I like the Past Lives Perk too. By the way, Super Skill aside, does the Mystic Bracer provide any kind of protection, like it allows you to deflect bullets? :mrgreen:

Hawk Knight wrote:Why do people keep saying Indigo is purplish? Indigo is rich darker blue.

Probably because of the Web color (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo#Web_color_indigo), which is definitely too purple. And there are several tones of the color as well. But you're right, it is originally a deep dark blue.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am

Taliesin wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:For Nile Empire, I made The Chosen Hero. It was my Homage to the Mummy movies. The Archetype is a cross between Rick O'Connell and Evelyn Carnahan.

Cool idea. And I like the Past Lives Perk too. By the way, Super Skill aside, does the Mystic Bracer provide any kind of protection, like it allows you to deflect bullets? :mrgreen:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. As for Deflecting bullets, when the PDFs dropped and I got a look at the Amazon Archetype, I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 am

Zackzenobi wrote:
Taliesin wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. As for Deflecting bullets, when the PDFs dropped and I got a look at the Amazon Archetype, I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

This would be part of why we're starting to do the archetypes much, much later in development. Deflect came on late, after the archetypes had been done, and yeah, it should totally be one of the Amazon's Advancment Perks.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”