Nile Empire Indigo Leather Edition

Zackzenobi

Re: Nile Empire Indigo Leather Edition

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:
Taliesin wrote:Cool idea. And I like the Past Lives Perk too. By the way, Super Skill aside, does the Mystic Bracer provide any kind of protection, like it allows you to deflect bullets? :mrgreen:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. As for Deflecting bullets, when the PDFs dropped and I got a look at the Amazon Archetype, I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

This would be part of why we're starting to do the archetypes much, much later in development. Deflect came on late, after the archetypes had been done, and yeah, it should totally be one of the Amazon's Advancment Perks.

Deanna, did you mean to say "it should totally be one of the Chosen Hero's Advancement Perks"?

Thanks again for all you do!

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 am

Zackzenobi wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:
Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. As for Deflecting bullets, when the PDFs dropped and I got a look at the Amazon Archetype, I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

This would be part of why we're starting to do the archetypes much, much later in development. Deflect came on late, after the archetypes had been done, and yeah, it should totally be one of the Amazon's Advancment Perks.

Deanna, did you mean to say "it should totally be one of the Chosen Hero's Advancement Perks"?

Thanks again for all you do!

Oh, I misunderstood (not a surprise...I'm currently having a migraine. :cry: ) I thought for some reason...oh wait, it IS missing. So my statement still stands. :-) I'd totally put Deflect in instead of Endurance for the Amazon.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 am

I'm sorry to hear about your migraine.

Just double checked and the Amazon has Deflect as one of her 2 starting Perks. So I dont think she needs it on her Advancement Track. If I am understanding you correctly.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Indeed. I just can't read properly.
Zackzenobi wrote:Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

So you did choose the sample names as well (I was wondering how much leeway you had when creating archetypes). And had a precise idea as to which deity it was.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Taliesin wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:I added Deflect to the top of Olympia Monet's Advancement Track.

Indeed. I just can't read properly.
Zackzenobi wrote:Because even if no one else likes it, I love her Pulpy name I came up with. :mrgreen:

So you did choose the sample names as well (I was wondering how much leeway you had when creating archetypes). And had a precise idea as to which deity it was.

Yes you get to pick your character's name. I actually submitted 4 of the 5 names listed. The character went though some changes over the years. The entire process has been fantastic for both of my Archetypes. Darrell is really accommodating and has even improved on a few of my ideas! I cant reccomend it enough.

Darrell said eventually they will do a Combined Archetype Book. Where our Iconic version of the character will be showcased instead of just the generic Archetype. This makes up for missing the Character Creation Book Submissions back in the 90s and then some!

Hawk Knight

Postby Hawk Knight » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Taliesin wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:For Nile Empire, I made The Chosen Hero. It was my Homage to the Mummy movies. The Archetype is a cross between Rick O'Connell and Evelyn Carnahan.

Cool idea. And I like the Past Lives Perk too. By the way, Super Skill aside, does the Mystic Bracer provide any kind of protection, like it allows you to deflect bullets? :mrgreen:

Hawk Knight wrote:Why do people keep saying Indigo is purplish? Indigo is rich darker blue.

Probably because of the Web color (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo#Web_color_indigo), which is definitely too purple. And there are several tones of the color as well. But you're right, it is originally a deep dark blue.

Hmmm... You are right. I always thought of indigo as the dark blue on rainbow as shown on above linked Wikipedia page. I guess it's just how different people interpret the name. To be fair though the Nile color should have been some darker shade of yellow, but maybe that is difficult or expensive to have a leather cover of. Here is how I remember cosm colors (this is just my personal take): LL - Brown; Nile - Dark Yellow; CP - Purple; Tharkold - Medium Grey; Orrorsh - Black; Aysle - Bright Red; Pan Pacifica - Green; Space Gods - Sky Blue.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”