Experienced Character and Funds?

TCArknight

Experienced Character and Funds?

Postby TCArknight » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Howdy!

For you GMs out there who begin folks with a bit of starting XP, what do you do about additional starting funds?

I’m beginning a group in the RoP saga, and are starting them with 20XP since they’ve got several months of the Possibility Wars behind them.

I’m considering giving them $4000 extra for starting out, but not sure how that’s going to work out. Any suggestions?

TC

Istrian

Re: Experienced Character and Funds?

Postby Istrian » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:34 pm

I've never found that money was necessary. Starting equipment is usually good enough for most of Alpha Clearance unless someone wants to get minigun or something. And that can always be requisitioned or acquired during play with a roll.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:08 am

When I started out my group with a side adventure for a little change I let them take 1 non-standard item as a freebie.

You need to trust in your group that they won't abuse it, but I found they mainly took small items from other cosms based on their backstories.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:40 am

My group are all quite mature, so they tend to get things based on their characters. I don't really limit the funds they have except were it's based on perks, as someone said they can also request more.

Allow them to have whatever small items they want, but anything over value 15 they need to request... and they only get 1 request each. That way the will feel empowered and think about what they need.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”