Relics of Power & Burden of Glory

Arcesilaus

Relics of Power & Burden of Glory

Postby Arcesilaus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Just trying to wrap my head around adventure timing and campaign planning.

In the opening pages of RoP, it mentions that a lot of the information about the Akashans is known, thanks to events in Burden of Glory. It feels, though, that Burden of Glory is scheduled later in the timeline than RoP.

I guess my question (based on my lack of knowledge re: the last 4 acts of RoP) is: how important is it to have run BoG before running RoP?

Thanks.
Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Professional Dungeon Master
Game reviews and GM advice

TorgHacker

Re: Relics of Power & Burden of Glory

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

It's not too important at least for Acts 1-5. But it is intended to take place in the last month or two, after Burden of Glory which is set around Day 272.

There's nothing specific about events that happen that require Burden of Glory...it's more what the Delphi Council knows or doesn't know.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Arcesilaus

Postby Arcesilaus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Cool. Honestly, I'm finding the hardest part of running Torg: Eternity to be choosing what to run and in what order.

I want to use all of the big adventures, but I also want the party to experience all of the different cosms (particularly since many of my players are new to Torg). So, When Cosms Collide and Relics of Power seems really cool, but I don't want to jump too far ahead in the timeline, skipping over so much of the metaplot. Add to that my attempts to keep the party at the correct power level for each mission (which means probably retiring and rebooting with new characters), and I'm at a loss as to what to do, in what order.

Ugh. Any suggestions out there?
Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Professional Dungeon Master
Game reviews and GM advice

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Arcesilaus wrote:Cool. Honestly, I'm finding the hardest part of running Torg: Eternity to be choosing what to run and in what order.

I want to use all of the big adventures, but I also want the party to experience all of the different cosms (particularly since many of my players are new to Torg). So, When Cosms Collide and Relics of Power seems really cool, but I don't want to jump too far ahead in the timeline, skipping over so much of the metaplot. Add to that my attempts to keep the party at the correct power level for each mission (which means probably retiring and rebooting with new characters), and I'm at a loss as to what to do, in what order.

RoP specifies that after Act 2 time is needed to find info to get to 3-5. So do 1 an 2, throw in a big adventure, then when that wraps up, the info to move on is now known
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Arcesilaus wrote: Add to that my attempts to keep the party at the correct power level for each mission (which means probably retiring and rebooting with new characters), and I'm at a loss as to what to do, in what order.

I haven't had too many issues with using the adventures as is with my experienced players so I wouldn't sweat it too much. The power curve isn't so bad it can't be adjusted for on the fly.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”