RandomWorlds Cyberpapacy Q&A chat tonight

Savioronedge

Re: RandomWorlds Cyberpapacy Q&A chat tonight

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:32 pm

TorgHacker wrote:So far, all incorrect. ;)

I am choosing to read that as an "I can neither confirm nor deny" statement, because that is the statement I expect from your position ;-p

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:57 pm

My guess is Peoria.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I'll add my guess. If the Space Gods are inclined to help us when they arrive, then a blanket of reality trees covering Maritime Southeast Asia would protect literally hundreds of millions of people from the bad guy invaders. Plus, the tropical setting would hearken back to their close-to-nature oTorg ways, back in the rain forests of South America. Finally, it would be a bit of an Easter egg for oTorg fans . . . the Akashans have a beef with Orrorsh now, and Maritime Southeast Asia was where Orrorsh was originally located, back in oTorg.

However, that would make Pan-Pacifica the only neighboring invader. It sets up an interesting bio-tech vs. bio-tech situation, which could be fun. Zombie breakouts in Akashan territory would be reminiscent of how the Akashans had to deal with the Comaghaz back then. (Plus, spaceships vs kaiju! Pew pew!). Problem being, the Akashans don't really have much of a motive to go after Pan-Pacifica, other than its vicinity . . . unless it's to chop through PP's holdings in Maritime Southeast Asia in order to get to Orrorsh's southern flank, and PP has the bad luck of being in the way.

Alternatively, if they're here solely for revenge, then putting down stakes in Central Asia would work. There's far less population there, but it puts them right up in the Gaunt Man's face, on Orrorsh's northwestern border, with no other invaders getting in the way.

So I guess my vote is
1. Maritime Southeast Asia, followed by
2. Central Asia

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 pm

If the "Space Gods" aren't invaders(as far as I know they are expected to be refugees from a destroyed reality rather than saviors or invaders in TorgE) they don't need populated area for exploitation, so "middle of the ocean" come up as a possibility, opening some opportunity for ocean adventures.
Maybe some portions of Mu, Lemuria, or Atlantis come back to existence, with the return of spacefaring reality which brought "legendary contient"?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Atama wrote:My guess is Peoria.

Holy shit!

You're...

...wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 pm

TorgHacker wrote:

Holy shit!

You're...

Yeah I get that a lot.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:56 am

Savioronedge wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Cant wait too see where the Akashans pop up this time. With Malreaux keeping them out of S America, I dont know where they would go?

Columbia? Kyrgyzstan? The mountains of madne..Antarctica?
TorgHacker wrote:

Holy shit!

You're...

I didn't mean to be guessing. I was just pointing out areas of "Ancient Astronauts" connections.

If I were designing it, which I obviously am not, I would put them back in Peru, or in the Himalayas.

These are also not meant to be "Guesses" and I don't need to be told that I am wrong (or want to be told if either is right). They are just meaningless statements of what I would do. I have full confidence that whatever you folks have planned will be awesome.

Matthew Surridge

Postby Matthew Surridge » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 am

I note that the statement in the chat didn't say that the Space Gods would show up in Core Earth. Maybe they appear in Orrorshan India, to get back at the Gaunt Man. Or Aysle, to have a chat with the elves. Personally, I always liked that the Akashans were actual allies in oTorg — be interesting if they invade the invaders.
Humankind cannot bear very much reality
— T.S. Eliot, who didn't know the half of it

My Torg Eternity review, part one and part two

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:08 pm

71% of Core Earth is water. Just Sayin.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:58 pm