Towns Crier's - Guild Novemeber 2017

OccumsRazor

Re: Towns Crier's - Guild Novemeber 2017

Postby OccumsRazor » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:43 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Alicia Silvers get killed off in one of the Redbrick era Town Criers?

I do think she was a great character though. Disney -ish Indeed.

Minor Note of potential interest: Emperor Vladimir Alecto was 108 years old when he was crowned (brutally killed) {Alexius was born 4949 hence still in his 50's-60's). All indications are that his children had all been killed in the preceding war. He would have had to restart a family or provide other methods to choose his successor. Likely these means were contained in his Great Charter. Just next to the rules pertaining to the establishment of a Regency in absence of a successor.

Gives him some historical leniency ....

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 am

Was she? I don't really remember all the town criers, to be fair. Heck, I'd forgotten about her it'd been so long! So even if so, I probably glazed over it because I'd have forgotten the reference...

Plus, is the Redbrick stuff even being kept canon?

TNMalt

Postby TNMalt » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Just saw something online at the criers guild, dated arou d 2012. Had her killed by the last rites killer. Doubting its Canon

OccumsRazor

Postby OccumsRazor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:12 pm

We have an engagement party to celebrate!!!!

Freya of House Eldrid; Freykrig of Hargard!!

Sooo.... To make this pay off in terms of political and territorial gains for the Imperial House what other diplomatic efforts are being made?

Hawkwoods should be encouraged. First, he finally married. Secondly he is establishing an Imperial Foothold right in the Vuldroks gateway to Hawkwood worlds. al Malik (and the Shaprut Ramakrishna) may have the opportunity for allies in the Sreumar Princes and the Vjayanagar Ramakrishna.

Church has new Converts! Yah! (Send those missionaries to Ostmark and Jyandhom.) Guilds have new markets! Yay! (The Agora's of Elfhome and Achiharta are about to get really busy.)

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm

I see it far more cynically.

Hawkwoods? Gonna be pissed. This could well be seen as a great betrayal by their native son, allying with the enemy they've been pushing for a Crusade against for 2 decades.

Hazat - They're probably ecastatic, as this potentially means a crusade against the Kurgans is far more likely, and potentially has two fronts and an ally at that.

al-Malik - you might be right, but might be wrong. the Ramakrishna al-Malik thing is weird. That said, their candidate lost out (even though she's officially dead now)

Li Halan - New converts is good. But really doesn't have much horse in this race.

Decados - Mixed blessing, Salandra lost out... but so did House Hawkwood. New potential ally there.

Church - Converts. Guilds - New place to gain a foothold.

In both the Church and Guild's cases I see a mixed blessing. There's gonna be a lot of resistance to their ways of doing things in the new Vuldrock House's space. a LOT. But it is new opportunities all the same.

OccumsRazor

Postby OccumsRazor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:48 pm

I see your points. I believe both sides may be true.

Many Hawkwoods will be pissed. Publicly if not privately. For the reasons you mention and more. But the strategic value of the marriage is in the favor of the house. Many will realize this. Personally I think his brother Alverex will be vocal but secretly support the move. He needs the troops to safe gaurd the house against incursions of Ravenna from Twilight.

Hazat.... We don't know what has happened on the Kurgan Front..... Yet. Last I knew the Hazat controlled the vast majority of the land but the Kurgan's controlled space in Hira's orbit. Hazat tried to establish secret beachheads on Khayyam. How much progress have they had on Sargasso? Militarily? In terms of Intelligence Assets?

Decados/al Malik/Li Halon should all feel that they lost... Boo Ho.... Crying time over; How do they capitalize on the results? My al Malik approach stands. Gather allies, marry into family's, try to gain control of what they can.

Decados will try to destabilize Hargard, minimalize Hawkwood gains. Li Halon will try to establish intelligence operations and diplomatic ties to ensure they aren't left out but otherwise watch intently. All may try to gather allies on Ostgard and Dagnir. These are adventure opportunities
provided.a

"Have fun storming the castle."

"You think they'll survive?"

"It would take a miracle."

Return to “Setting Discussion (FS)”