Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

Flash

Re: Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

Postby Flash » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm

tempest13 wrote:Are we going to get a update on Theater Knights 3. It should not take this long to translate 1 adventure. I was able to convert ALL the spells in Magic Book 1 in less than 2 weeks in my spare time without the incentive of getting paid for it. Surely paid staff can work at least as fast.

I suspect that the bottleneck that slows down things isn't translating stuff itself. It is doing the layout in a professional way.

But I may be wrong here. It is just a suspicion.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I agree the layout may take some time, but since they are using essentially the same art and assets it is not the same as a brand new product. Also that does not mean that they cannot give some sort of timetable. I am beginning to get afraid at this rate that the Aventuria Magic will not be available this year.

Valantrix

Postby Valantrix » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:11 pm

When I was at Origins last week, I heard that the Magic kickstarter will be around September depending on some factors. The faster we grow the customer base, the faster the demand for the product.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 am

Layout is one of the slowdowns, although the big one tends to be editing. Our translators are native German speakers, not native English speakers, so our US editing team is where we've added more staff. But as we ramp that up, Kevin (our line manager) is making sure the new folks are staying consistent with all of the style and editing decisions he's made over the last couple of years.

But we should have news about TK3 soon!

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks for the update, Eric. I apologize if I come off a little acerbic at times.

Robert Cousland

Postby Robert Cousland » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Really looking forward to the new releases.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 am

Any update on Theater Knights 3?

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:04 am

A update soon implies that something will be forthcoming in a timely manner. It has been almost a month since the last update over on the kickstarter and over two months on the news page. You have not released any new products physical or pdf since December 2017. A little information on the future of the Dark Eye line would be appreciated by everybody.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:11 pm

tempest13 wrote:A update soon implies that something will be forthcoming in a timely manner. It has been almost a month since the last update over on the kickstarter and over two months on the news page. You have not released any new products physical or pdf since December 2017. A little information on the future of the Dark Eye line would be appreciated by everybody.

Would also like to know. Apparently the Compendium is now available in print from Ulisses Spiele.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 pm

There is a panel discussion that took place at gencon that is on youtube that discusses the future for Dark Eye and the other games from Ulisses. You can find a link on Ulisses facebook page. A heads up here on the forums would have been helpful for those of us that dislike facebook.

Return to “Product Announcements”