Comments on TDE Release Schedule

Dany40

Re: Comments on TDE Release Schedule

Postby Dany40 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Eric USNA wrote:You want weekly "there is no news" reports?

Let me think about that. It seems weird to fill up a forum thread with those. I might decide to create a specific place for that if people really do want it. In the meantime, you can always assume that the last thing I said remains true until I say otherwise.

Speaking about TDE visibility... there is a great video serie presenting the game on You Tube.

If I can have access to the raw english subs text I will be glade to make a french traduction of this subs.

Shinxirus

Postby Shinxirus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Well I think bimonthly or even monthly updates would do for now, just to get a lifesign from time to time.

On another Note, the announcement for both TK3 and the next Kicksarter (including TK4) just went up, but it seems the translators mistranslated the title of TK4. Is TK4 already being finished or is it still subject to change?

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Dany40 wrote:

Let me think about that. It seems weird to fill up a forum thread with those. I might decide to create a specific place for that if people really do want it. In the meantime, you can always assume that the last thing I said remains true until I say otherwise.

Speaking about TDE visibility... there is a great video serie presenting the game on You Tube.

If I can have access to the raw english subs text I will be glade to make a french traduction of this subs.

yeah, it does not have to be weekly, but a sign of life sometimes - even if it's without news, will help, I think ;)

Shinxirus wrote:On another Note, the announcement for both TK3 and the next Kicksarter (including TK4) just went up, but it seems the translators mistranslated the title of TK4. Is TK4 already being finished or is it still subject to change?

Wha do you think the title is wrong?

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:30 am

Maybe it would also be sufficient to write frequently in a few sentences what you are working on. It's just about showing presence. That you don't get the idea that TDE has fallen asleep.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Shinxirus

Postby Shinxirus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:48 am

GTStar wrote:Wha do you think the title is wrong?

The german title is "Der grüne Zug". Now, in modern german "Zug" can indeed be translated as platoon (i.e. a military unit of 40 men). However, the adventure uses Zug as a short version of "Heerzug", meaning host or army. The title refers to the army of the bornish Noble Marshal, which carries green banners. So it would seem somewhat weird to me to refer to an entire army as platoon.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Shinxirus wrote:
GTStar wrote:Wha do you think the title is wrong?

The german title is "Der grüne Zug". Now, in modern german "Zug" can indeed be translated as platoon (i.e. a military unit of 40 men). However, the adventure uses Zug as a short version of "Heerzug", meaning host or army. The title refers to the army of the bornish Noble Marshal, which carries green banners. So it would seem somewhat weird to me to refer to an entire army as platoon.

Ok :)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Kevin, who is the English line editor, is a military man himself, so I'm sure he has reasons for any specific phrasing he is choosing. I believe the title is settled, but I'm not sure. I can check with him on his reasoning.

Shinxirus

Postby Shinxirus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Eric USNA wrote:Kevin, who is the English line editor, is a military man himself, so I'm sure he has reasons for any specific phrasing he is choosing. I believe the title is settled, but I'm not sure. I can check with him on his reasoning.

@Eric Thanks. As I wrote above, the problem isn't that Eric mistranslated the word (as Zug does indeed translate to platoon in modern german), but rather that he didn't realize the word was being used as a short form of the older german word "Heerzug", which refers both to an assembled army and to a specific campaign itself.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm

To be clear - I did not translate it at all. I am not a translator. I used the title as it was given to me by Kevin.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 am

Eric USNA wrote:Regular communication is definitely a goal. However, as always, I want to clear up any misconception that I have information I'm not giving you. The information I get goes directly to you within days of confirmation. Everything else is just too nebulous to report.

We are working to solidify our process so that things are more predictable, but as I said, we are not there yet.

Indeed, if you are yourself in the dark, it makes your job somewhat impossible. I was assuming that you (Ulisses NA) would at last have a strategy session once a year where you would lay out your plans for the next 12 months. If this is done at Ulisses Spiele level and not communicated to Ulisses NA, then there is no chance of improvement

Eric USNA wrote:And yes, all the things I said at Gen Con still hold true. But we don't have much MORE to say at the moment.

Which is fine, you just gave us the latest. Thanks.

Return to “Product Announcements”