Comments on TDE Release Schedule

Morgoth

Re: Comments on TDE Release Schedule

Postby Morgoth » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 am

Any updates?

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:24 pm

My guess is that they are waiting for the starter pack to be made available in a hope that it will pull in more customers. Forgetting of course that the current customers have only seen one new product in a YEAR! I for one am done with the waiting I am moving back to my old game with Harnmaster and may look in to see if things improve. Unfortunately it seems that we current customers are not important enough to even inform about what is going on.

Valantrix

Postby Valantrix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Whatever the holdup is, it is beyond frustrating. The last time I heard, it was because they had too much inventory of the current products in the wharehouse, and they were trying to clear some of that out before moving on to the Magic kickstarter. Being a blind gamer, I usually only do the PDF's, but I've also been buying the collectors versions of the books to help that along. Its a great system and I'm craving for more. Lets hope its sooner rather than later.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Thrar wrote:I wouldn't be quite as pessimistic, but I agree that the news this year as well as the communication frequency don't make it look like Ulisses NA has a lot of resources allocated to TDE.

Why? Listen back to the last proper time they told us anything about the future of the line (GenCon) and then add, and in the next 6 months we will have exactly one Kickstarter, which we will cancel on the 11th hour, literally on the day it is meant to start, without a word as to the reasons and then we won't say anything about it again for 3 months.

I mean if they had said, hey the Larian thing is coming in and we didn't want to have that in the middle of a Kickstarter (and why not, that would have been a GREAT way to get 10000 fresh Eyes onto the Kickstarter Campaign, specially if you had a beginner pledge with the Larian Adventure in Print) I could have understood.

All we ever hear is "We also don't have the information, we will tell you as soon as we know" and come on, you don't cancel a Kickstarter on opening day and say nothing to your staff as to why you made that decision.

The problem is, I love the stuff, I will buy literally everything they bring out in English, I am currently running a well working Nostria and Andergast Campaign, but I just don't feel they care one little bit about anything to do with the Dark Eye.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am

I agree. It is very disappointing. Therefore I wrote an email to the German Ulisses office. Emails before they answered me very fast. I asked them why the situation is so unsatisfactory. But in the meantime 3 weeks have passed without an answer. I guess they get to feel the headwind in the meantime and prefer not to answer anything so as not to pour more oil into the fire (oh oh, I hope this sentence is rudimentarily correct.) . But in my opinion this tactic only makes everything worse.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 pm

I MONTH LATER AND NOTHING! I spent a lot of money on your products and just when you were starting to release the information my players and I had wanted all along you drop a kickstarter on THE DAY IT STARTED AND THEN SAY NOTHING FOR A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did you drop the kickstarter but you did not even send out a statement to your MAIN WEBSITE until it was pointed out to you!

Did you all have jobs as keystone cops prior to pretending to run a gaming studio!

Return to “Product Announcements”