Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Eric USNA

Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Fading Suns, the classic setting by Holistic Design, will have a new line of RPG products published through Ulisses Spiele!

Read more in the press release here:
http://www.ulisses-us.com/fading-suns-t ... duct-line/

New forums will be added soon!

Prons

Re: Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Postby Prons » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Take my money fam

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:41 pm

As much as I like Torg and Fading Suns I hope that they will be on the back burner until we have the Dark Eye pipeline firmly established from Germany, translated, printed and actually on the shelves.

To get everything that was on the original schedule actually out on shelves and see the newer products on the announcements. To get
things like the "missing" Heroworks adventures and Heralds sorted and get us a Herald & Adventure subscription which works.

I hope that things don't go into the breadth so quickly that we have further translation and layouting delays.

That all being said Fading Suns was great and had it not fallen into the D20 hole who knows what it could have become.

All the best.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Lambert - The lines are run by different teams of people. There's a bit of overlap in some roles (mine especially), but the main editing and development for each product line is separate.

Our primary bottlenecks for The Dark Eye (and Aventuria) are translation and shipping. Improving the shipping is a gradual process, but our translation speeds improve directly based on how much we can afford to budget. More business in the English-speaking market overall generally helps with that.

CROM, Torg, and Fading Suns do not require translation assets, so they shouldn't slow down The Dark Eye at all.

julianwolfe

Postby julianwolfe » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Eric, I'm just curious because I to am getting a little...well...concerned at this point, but why is it Ulisses prints in Europe and ships en-masse to the US instead of just printing it in the US through Paizo? Surely the costs can't be that significant to where shipping overseas is the better option?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Julian, I honestly don't know all the business details that go into that particular calculation. I don't know whether it's a question of cost or contractual obligations or what. We are continuing to improve our process, but those kinds of things can take time. I will certainly let you know if anything changes.

Nborys

Postby Nborys » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:21 am

julianwolfe wrote:Eric, I'm just curious because I to am getting a little...well...concerned at this point, but why is it Ulisses prints in Europe and ships en-masse to the US instead of just printing it in the US through Paizo? Surely the costs can't be that significant to where shipping overseas is the better option?

Unless they've changed Paizo doesn't print in the US, they print in China.

And in other news. I am so happy to hear that Fading Suns is no longer with Red Brick (renamed FASA).

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:34 am

Hi! I'm new and just registered to your community!

I'm glad someone took FS under his wing. My hope is that Ulisses doesn't become another RedBrick/FASA abysse where multiple freelancers broke their legs trying to give their heart for the setting.

My life philosophy is the same that work for a lots of things like RPG : "Giving a little attention each day gives more than a big attention once a year". (ask your girlfriend! :mrgreen: )

There are many unfinished products in existence (with a high level of completion) around with the great freelancers that come with these existing products and I hope you will be able to take advantage of that.

Fading Suns really is an extraordinary setting with a LOTS of material over many editions.

Thank you for giving it a new beginning, but hoping a successful continuity.

ps : When do we get to have a forum for FS ? :?: ;)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:52 am

Welcome Grummore! Glad to have you here!

I will be working on putting Fading Suns forums together soon. I need to work out exactly how we're going to coordinate a transfer from FASA, but I may start them ahead of time so people can gradually migrate.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:57 am

I have a good question for you:

Will you be able to gather the forum database from FASA? Meaning that do we have to run to grab stuff over there before it close? There are wonders there and it would be a shame to see them go.

Return to “Product Announcements”