Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Angelman

Re: Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Postby Angelman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Ok folks, I just want to voice in here... The IP license switched hands JUST THIS WEEK! :p

Now, I have NOTHING to do with the Ulisses side of things (yet - fingers crossed), but it is WAY too early to demand insights yet.:p Seriously... and I am not kidding... give it six months, ok? If they can't answer by then, well... then give them six months more, ok! Be patient. Publishing and art and stuff is hard, and it DOES take time... Don't stress it, folks. Ulisses just purchased a major license and they will want to do the best they can with it, they will absolutely not want to rush things; ;) so... pick up the Fading Suns books you already own and re-read them for the umpteenth time, knowing good and well that great new stuff is coming eventually; it WILL take time, but for it to be good, you HAVE to give it time, folks :)

...breathing space...

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Flash wrote:Well if you haven't much information about Fading Suns yet the you can always share some juicy information about Torg. :D

After all that is very interesting topic as well and so far there is not much information known about what is planned so far for that game.

I'm at a con right now (Metatopia in New Jersey), so my time and access are slightly limited. However, you can expect more when I get back next week. We'll be starting our ramp-up of visibility very soon.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm all in because I'm actually GMing a FS campaign 8-) I have ONE game session to do monday and then I'm back to Dark Sun for a 10 sessions. After that, we shall move on another GM (A Song of Ice and Fire).

I will be more patient after next week :mrgreen:

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:15 am

@Grummore

I presume that you didn't see my question so I'll ask once again :)

I'm not familiar with Fading suns lore or system so forgive my (maybe dumb) question :)
Is this fan made Zagreb based on capital of Croatia (Croven Republic or Zigan owners? ) :D
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

OccamsRazor

Postby OccamsRazor » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:46 pm

Another new First time Poster to the Ulisses forum and another long time fan of the Fading Suns.

First; I am hopeful that this will be a good match for the fans of the Fading Suns setting. I would like to believe that this doesn't mean that those works in progress with the FASA staff will be lost beyond the Abyss [i.e. desks of legal staff or Qlippoth's 1-3]. We, the loyal fans, were looking forward to Merchant League, Where shadows lie, & Rise of the Phoenix.

Secondly; my immediate reaction to the news was "Crap, have to move over to another forum." Grummore, you were not alone. Long term fans of Fading Suns have seen boards and publishers come and go (Holistic, Redbrick, now Fasa). Hopefully this will the the last one for a good long while. That said I am very excited by the fact that migration of the forums may be possible.

Thirdly to answer MadBeard's question. Zabgreb is fan written "fief" write-up of a moon in the "Twilight" system of Fading Suns Cannon. (Star Crusade 2 - Lost Worlds; published in 2000) Twilight, the main planet in the system, is a barbarian world, populated with godless tech wielding heretics, who nuked the world to the verge of breaking apart, ruled by brutal regimes, controlled thru fear & paranoia. Very heretical, Light your flame guns and get ready to party.

Fading Suns is a great setting and I hope fans of The Dark Eye will give it a look.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:20 am

OccamsRazor thanks for the clarification but that wasn't my question :)

I asked if Zagreb fan material is based on capital of Croatia :)
I'm from Croatia and I see several similarities in nomenclature:

Zagreb = Zagreb (capital of Croatia)
Croven Republic = Croatia
Zigan = Cigan (croatian word for gipsies and have similar pronunciation as Zigan in english)

Maybe it's all coincidence, but you know, curiosity killed the cat :)

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Unfortunately, I do not know.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 am

Grummore wrote:Unfortunately, I do not know.

Ah, then nevermind. Thanks nevertheless :)

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:05 am

Grummore wrote:Can you give a little insight about where you are going with FS?

One of my favourite podcasts, the DORPcast, is by two now Ulissses employees, who discussed briefly Fading Suns. The takeaway is that they are taking care and are going to give it the care and attention it deserves, but that means we shouldn't expect any products until 2018.

I am sure that there will be announcements and insights during 2017, but more likely towards the end of the year. I expect there will be something to see, art and the like at GenCon maybe.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:58 am

Thank you Lambert,

Although, if among possibility was to grab jobs that were already near completion, it would help bring something on shelves faster. ;)

Return to “Product Announcements”