Multi-action questions

schnickers

Re: Multi-action questions

Postby schnickers » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 am

So, is my understanding correct:

I choose a multi-action, going for 3 actions:
  • I shot normally my Assault Shotgun with +4 DN
  • I Make a Run Action (x1 Move) and fire my Assault Shotgun from the hip with +6 DN (+4 from the triple multi-attack and +2 from firing as part of the run action.
  • I use the tech console to open the hangar ( Tech test gets +4)

Bonus Question

Are Melee and Range attacks considered to be different actions? Read, can I:

• (move) Take my Move action to Move 1x (6m)
  • (1st action) Make a run and gun action, thus move 1x (6m) and shot with +6 DN
  • (2nd action) Scream like the berserker you are and make an Intimidation Interaction attack at +4 DN
  • (free) Draw a sword as a free action?
  • (3rd action) Make a Charge, thus move 1x (6m) and attack in melee with +4 DN and +1 die (from charging).

Or , does the Charge option does not include the Move but requires the move to "just" gain +1 die? If so:

• (2nd action) Scream like the berserker you are and make an Intimidation Interaction attack at +4 DN
  • (move) Take my Move action to Move 1x (6m) and
  • (3rd action) make a Charge, and attack in melee with +4 DN and +1 die (from charging).

Verispex

Postby Verispex » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 am

schnickers wrote:So, is my understanding correct:

I choose a multi-action, going for 3 actions:
  • I shot normally my Assault Shotgun with +4 DN
  • I Make a Run Action (x1 Move) and fire my Assault Shotgun from the hip with +6 DN (+4 from the triple multi-attack and +2 from firing as part of the run action.
  • I use the tech console to open the hangar ( Tech test gets +4)

Bonus Question

Are Melee and Range attacks considered to be different actions? Read, can I:

• (move) Take my Move action to Move 1x (6m)
  • (3rd action) Make a Charge, thus move 1x (6m) and attack in melee with +4 DN and +1 die (from charging).

Or , does the Charge option does not include the Move but requires the move to "just" gain +1 die? If so:

• (move) Take my Move action to Move 1x (6m) and
  • (3rd action) make a Charge, and attack in melee with +4 DN and +1 die (from charging).

Good morning to you.

Unfortunately, all three of these are invalid.

Original scenerio.

Remember, you get one move and one action. The action can be either a multi attack or multi-action to get up to your "3 actions max". Running states at the beginning "As an action" (Page 212) so using a run comes out of the action side, not the move side. So you can either Multi-Action combining your Run action (while firing a weapon with the Assault trait) with a Ranged Attack, you can use your standard move then multi action of Ranged attack with Use Object, or standard move action then multi-action of Running (while firing a weapon with the Assault trait) with Use Object. You can't choose to "give up" your sandard move action to get a 3rd other action.

Bonus Question 1

See situation above, but also the following notes.
Draw a weapons is a simple action, not a free one (Page 211)
Charge states "A character can combine their move and action to charge a target (Page 221). Charge is incompatable with any multi-action because of this.(Edit: This is the correct method of looking at charge)
So your options here are standard move action then multi-action of running (while firing a weapon with the Assault trait) with an Interaction Attack or Charge (which combines your move and action for the turn).

Bonus Question 2 same reasons as above.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

- Donavin
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

BRKNdevil

Postby BRKNdevil » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 pm

This definitely looks like the area where a Talent could be made though. Something like Charge/Assault action a Cygnar Trencher gets in WarmaHordes.
Basically a Assault Attack during the Run and the Melee at the End against the same Target. I'd go with something like Add AP-1 and +1 or 2 ED along with the normal gains of attacking at short range to the greater of the 2 damage sets and rolling the greater of the two Skill tests (Weapon or Ballistic)
The Action would Require a Full Action, and the weapon would have to be an Assault Weapon with a Bayonet or a Pistol & 1 Handed Melee Weapon

Or for simplicity's sake since i only now understood the rules for the Talent Dual Wielder. Add the Damage together, compare it against Twice the Resilience and roll the greater of the two Skills ( Weapon or Ballistic) for hitting. Use it as part of a Charge, and have the aforementioned restriction on weapons

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”