Errata/Faq thread

colm33

Errata/Faq thread

Postby colm33 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Really liking the game so far and the QA is certainly better than FFG's, however there's a few rules/stats that need clarification. Could we get an official errata thread, or pointed to whereever Ulisses are collecting faqs?

Just to start things off:

"Assault" weapon trait: What's the benefit to this trait over a multi-action run and attack? Can you fire as part of the run action at the +2DN penalty, then attack again at +2DN as a multi-action?

Bestiary statblocks: Haven't done a full inspection of these yet but it immediately caught my eye that Resilience is calculated incorrectly for several enemies.

For example, Guardsmen have resilience 8 but only 3 toughness and 3 armour, so this should be 7.
The cultist leader has the opposite problem in that he has only 5 resilience based on 5 toughness.

These are by no means the only enemies with incorrect calculations, I'd recommend taking a full look through that chapter.

Yuven

Re: Errata/Faq thread

Postby Yuven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:36 am

Should Tempestus Scions start with Scion Carapace? As of now, they start with a regular carapace

Monkoflords

Postby Monkoflords » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:26 am

Should Skitarius start with Augments? Seems a bit strange they don't given its their thing.

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 am

colm33 wrote:Bestiary statblocks: Haven't done a full inspection of these yet but it immediately caught my eye that Resilience is calculated incorrectly for several enemies.

For example, Guardsmen have resilience 8 but only 3 toughness and 3 armour, so this should be 7.
The cultist leader has the opposite problem in that he has only 5 resilience based on 5 toughness.

These are by no means the only enemies with incorrect calculations, I'd recommend taking a full look through that chapter.

In the Bestiary:
Please note that the threats presented in this section are intended for use as NPCs. They are constructed to be effective in that role. Their statistics are not created in the same way as player characters. Instead, they have values that are intended to present a specific game play experience, rather than as a character who can evolve over time. Examples of these differences include special abilities that are specific to threats. Also, please be aware that derived attributes need not follow the calculations used for player characters. For example, there is no upper limit on the number of wounds and shock for named Adversaries or monstrous opponents. These areindividual beings intended to represent a threat to an entire group of protagonists and need to be a challenging foe.

colm33

Postby colm33 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:13 pm

That makes sense for giving adversaries or large monsters more wounds for a solo fight, the resilience changes for troops/elites just don't sit right with me though.

I can see in some cases it might be done to prevent them being automatically taken out by certain weapons (e.g. troop guardsmen would die to a lasgun hit without needing to roll for damage), but it's inconsistently applied across the bestiary, so at first glance looks like it's unintentional.

Radwraith

Postby Radwraith » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Weapon's Ranges:

The weapon ranges for basic (Rifle) and heavy type weapons seem awfully short! Any assault rifle today has an effective medium range (As described in the book) of about 100m with an effective (Long) range of about 200m. Was this intentional or perhaps an oversight? :?:

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:56 am

Radwraith wrote:Weapon's Ranges:

The weapon ranges for basic (Rifle) and heavy type weapons seem awfully short! Any assault rifle today has an effective medium range (As described in the book) of about 100m with an effective (Long) range of about 200m. Was this intentional or perhaps an oversight? :?:

All the weapon ranges are unrealistically short, I am guessing this is done for gameplay reasons

Hugh Salamando Filth

Postby Hugh Salamando Filth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am

Yuven wrote:
Radwraith wrote:All the weapon ranges are unrealistically short, I am guessing this is done for gameplay reasons

I imagine so, too.
99.8% of RP fights all happen within close quarters.
Weapons usually should reach everyone involved.
But there needs to be a dis-/advantage for actors on greater range.
(Playing Snipers in any RP is actually quite the annoying task, for both the player and the GM.)

Also, the GM doesn't need to set a scene for a 300m combat zone.
And battle maps would have to be either massive, or greatly scaled.

WhiteKnight416

Postby WhiteKnight416 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:24 pm

PAge 275 - "This weapon incorporates fire or burning chemicals. Any character, vehicle, or object hit by a Blaze weapon is set on fire (see Fire on page 275)."

Circular reference, should point to Fire on Page 247

Radwraith

Postby Radwraith » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Hugh Salamando Filth wrote:
Yuven wrote:
Radwraith wrote:All the weapon ranges are unrealistically short, I am guessing this is done for gameplay reasons

I imagine so, too.
99.8% of RP fights all happen within close quarters.
Weapons usually should reach everyone involved.
But there needs to be a dis-/advantage for actors on greater range.
(Playing Snipers in any RP is actually quite the annoying task, for both the player and the GM.)

Also, the GM doesn't need to set a scene for a 300m combat zone.
And battle maps would have to be either massive, or greatly scaled.

Not necessarily! Just different! Fights at longer ranges offer different challenges. Tactical advance and running become FAR more important. Miniatures are not as necessary since really you become more concerned with range and whether you are closing or opening. I'll grant you, it's tougher on characters that emphasize close combat but that's the point isn't it? To provide varied challenges so one character build isn't always the focus of attention?

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”