Devotees Prerequisites

Nigel

Devotees Prerequisites

Postby Nigel » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 am

On the table, featured on page 169, the prerequisite for the Devotees Talent is stated to be "<Interaction Skill> 4+".

On page 174, under the Talent's full writeup, it is instead listed as Leadership 4+.

I have some characters that might be interested in taking this talent, but none of them have terribly high Leadership. It makes sense that Leadership would be required to form and lead a party of devotees, but I just wanted to make sure that I knew what the correct requirement was, as I could also see a "cult of personality" or acquiring a network of followers through lies, etc.

HenriHakl

Re: Devotees Prerequisites

Postby HenriHakl » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:40 am

When in doubt, use the talent's full write-up. When they make changes that is the place most likely to be adjusted (while the Table entry may be forgotten).

mrwonx

Postby mrwonx » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:36 pm

I interpreted it as the Interaction skill being whatever you and your GM deciding your means of aquiring new devotees and keeping them in line. If your playing a character lying about their position to gain followers - it'd be Deception. A chaos space marine using fear would be intimidation. For most everyone else - leadership.

That's how I'd play that anyway.

HenriHakl

Postby HenriHakl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:50 pm

mrwonx wrote:I interpreted it as the Interaction skill being whatever you and your GM deciding your means of aquiring new devotees and keeping them in line. If your playing a character lying about their position to gain followers - it'd be Deception. A chaos space marine using fear would be intimidation. For most everyone else - leadership.

That's how I'd play that anyway.

If I GM'd I would allow that, providing they have 5+ in Deception (or interact skill of their choice). Or Leadership 4+. Comes down to the same amount of build points spent.

BanaB

Postby BanaB » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 pm

If any interaction skill counts - I would like to see how you get devotees with Athletic.
:>

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:18 pm

BanaB wrote:If any interaction skill counts - I would like to see how you get devotees with Athletic.
:>

Do you ever seen football fans?
I argue fiercely, but I never believed disagreement should be capital offence.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

BanaB

Postby BanaB » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Touché.

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”