Low-Tier Warriors...

jack_px

Re: Low-Tier Warriors...

Postby jack_px » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Aenno wrote:
jack_px wrote:I just wanted to quote this i found in the imperial guard profile in the bestiary.

"the average lifespan of a Guardsman once deployed is under 15 hours"

So comparing the other options in the diferent tiers i think tier 1 for an IG is be more than enough xd.

Well, reading about common nemesises IG meets, I'd say it require very professional soldier to live through active tyrannide assault or Drukhari raid for 15 hours!

Not professional, just hundred or thousand of them, after all its not the imperial guard soldier the one who makes the difference in the battle, is usually their numbers so that they can resist until reinforcement arrive, or their tanks and their air support. But the soldier??, without a commisar...

Edit: i wanted to add too that you cant think that an imperial guard soldier is at the same lvl that a commisar, sister of battle, eldar ranger, an ork kommando or a scout space marine, all of them are really out of the league for the common imperial guard.

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:46 pm

jack_px wrote:Edit: i wanted to add too that you cant think that an imperial guard soldier is at the same lvl that a commisar, sister of battle, eldar ranger, an ork kommando or a scout space marine, all of them are really out of the league for the common imperial guard.

I don't. But, actually, there is a great difference between, let's say, eldar ranger who is built on 200 BP, and imperial guardsman who, let's say, built on 125.
I argue fiercely, but I never believed disagreement should be capital offence.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

jack_px

Postby jack_px » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Because there IS a great difference between them in lore and in any warhammer games. Its noy something rare.

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:02 pm

jack_px wrote:Because there IS a great difference between them in lore and in any warhammer games. Its noy something rare.

I believe I wasn't clear enough. I never declared Imperial Guardsman should be Tier 2. I thought about them being Rank 2 or 3, within Tier 1. It would be something about 125 BP against 200 for Tier 2 characters, but their talents or abilities that giving bonuses for Rank.
I argue fiercely, but I never believed disagreement should be capital offence.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

Lynata

Postby Lynata » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm

quindraco wrote:How *do* people feel about the Ascension process?
Hmm, I'm not sure I understood your criticism correctly?

As far as I can see, the purpose of Stay the Course is chiefly to provide you with two items of cool wargear and some Influence. Granted, it's always two regardless of how many Tiers you ascend, but the Value does improve, and Archetypes from this tier do not really start the game with more gear than a Tier 1 .. it's just better. Gear quantity will come from playing the game, which is something the group will do together.

And what did you mean by the Archetype bonus improving? Or are you under the impression that the special abilities from higher tiers are superior to those from lower tiers? Because I'm not sure that would be universally true; I think they are at least intended to all be equally useful.

Aenno wrote:
jack_px wrote:I never declared Imperial Guardsman should be Tier 2. I thought about them being Rank 2 or 3, within Tier 1.
Hmmh. I don't think it's a good idea to represent this by Rank, as this complicates things when players are getting together to start a new campaign. If you need Rank 3 to play a Guardsman, will everyone start play there? Not to mention that some regiments really are so bad that they'd be unable to compete with even the Ganger.

With arguments being available for Guardsmen in both Tier 0 and Tier 2 games, I think Tier 1 is a nice "middle ground". What the game really needs for differentiation is regimental rules that mirror the treatment Space Marines were given with their Chapter bonuses, rather than just a "+1 X". Or at least Homeworld rules (which would have been universally applicable to Guardsmen, Space Marines, and any other Imperial Archetype). Maybe a future supplement will add this sort of stuff?

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”