Rules Clarifications (Under Construction)

Verispex

Rules Clarifications (Under Construction)

Postby Verispex » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am

This is a place where I am going to compile my rules clarifications so you all have a one stop to look to see if it has been discussed before instead of them being lost and pushed down. I'll try to list it in page order/section order that it appears in the book. (Under Construction)

Please also note that I know there's many page references that are off a page or two throughout the book due to layout issues. They are getting them addressed, but unless it's a wrong reference (like the Nob one below) I don't want to dilute actual rules references correcting them and the actual rules getting lost in the list. I have and will continue to hand up wrong page references as I see/hear about them.

Page 69 and 193’s tables, under “Base Attribute Maximum” should have a progression of 4/5/6/8/10.

Page 69, 168 and 193’s tables, under “Maximum Starting Talents” should have a progression of 1/2/3/4/5.

Page 102, For Archetype Ability and stacking, the maximum dice bonus can be found on the chart on page 69.

Page 104, Scavvy BPs are 10 (overriding Page 137)

Page 106 Heretek is Tier 3 (Overriding page 142)

Page 149, Warlocks under Wargear, “Runes of Battle” should be “Psychic Focus (a set of wraithbone runes)

Page 154, Boyz: A Nob commands a mob of Troops numbering up to Rank x 3 Boyz who loyally follow his direction. These Ork Boyz use the profile found on page 433.

Page 173, Chaos Familiar. There's no specific "Lesser Chaos Daemon" entry. Please adjust the profiles of Bloodletter (page 422), Daemonette (Page 423), Horrors (Page 425) or Plaguebearer (Page 426) according to your Chaos allegiance.

Page 212, A character can jump three times their relevant statistic across or 1/2 rating high.

Page 221 for Charge states that "A character can combine their move and action to charge a target. To charge, a character must make a full move up to their Speed in metres and then perform a melee attack with a +1d attack bonus." Which means it uses up your Actions in Combat (Page 210) of "All characters can take one move and one action during each turn"

Page 222, Multi-Attack/Salvo Page 222 is correct, Page 220 conflicts and should be ignored.

Page 230, under Exhaustion, a regular action is Manifest Psychic Power, Melee Attack, Interaction Attack, Investigate, Ranged Attack, Stealth and Use Object

Page 267, “Wealth is spent after the initial influence test, not before” should be deleted.

Page 273 states under Chaos and the Imperium Keyword "Characters with the Chaos keyword can acquire any gear with the Imperium and/or Scum keyword (and no other faction keyword) normally. At the GM’s discretion, other faction keywords (such as Astra Militarum or Militarum Tempestus) may also be available for characters with the Chaos keyword."

Please notice the example given specifically calls out "specialized" Imperium organizations (Astra Militarum or Militarum Tempestus) which also includes Adeptus Astartes and Primaris (mentioned in the next paragraph) I do not think it was meant to include Orks, Eldar etc. as eliminators, but I think Adeptus Sororitas, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Arbites and the Adeptus Astra Telepathicais are also inferred.

Looking how this affects the possibilities, I believe this is the correct interpretation of the rule.

Page 286 “Firing a grenade or missile Launcher consumes a grenade” Probably should mention missiles as well (Line implies you use grenades in missile launchers) Also, probably should also state “Using a grenade/missile in a launcher uses the launcher’s salvo rating” or "Adjust the Damage and AP of a launcher per the type of ammo used"

Page 300-301 the * next to several armour ratings means it is a Force Shield and is defined on page 299.

Page 301 Rune Armour's armour rating should have an * next to it.

Page 356, Molten Beam. To use in an abstract method of determining how many targets are hit, normal power counts as a small blast and the upgrade should count as a medium blast.
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

Ilias Bethomael

Re: Rules Clarifications (Under Construction)

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 am

Awesome! I think this is an important step in the right direction and I would love to see these clarifications incorporated into the PDF at some point.
Courage and Honour!

jack_px

Postby jack_px » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Verispex wrote:...Page 286 “Firing a grenade or missile Launcher consumes a grenade” Probably should mention missiles as well (Line implies you use grenades in missile launchers) Also, probably should also state “Using a grenade/missile in a launcher uses the launcher’s salvo rating”...

This entry confuses me again xd, this means that with weapons with a salvo value, besides having reloads, you need to have missiles or grenades in your inventory that are consumed upon firing these weapons??

Verispex

Postby Verispex » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 pm

jack_px wrote:
Verispex wrote:...Page 286 “Firing a grenade or missile Launcher consumes a grenade” Probably should mention missiles as well (Line implies you use grenades in missile launchers) Also, probably should also state “Using a grenade/missile in a launcher uses the launcher’s salvo rating”...

This entry confuses me again xd, this means that with weapons with a salvo value, besides having reloads, you need to have missiles or grenades in your inventory that are consumed upon firing these weapons??

If the Launcher has a numbered Salvo rating, you need to select it's "Regular Ammo" (Usually Frag or Krak) and adjust the launcher's Damage and AP, as well as the Weapon Traits (like Blast) and it functions like any other weapon with a numbered Salvo rating.

If it's a Missile Launcher (With a Salvo of "-") or grenades you buy to throw, they stay at the "Salvo -" rules (needing to use a Reload every time you use it after the first, Page 220 or 273)

Neither of these overrides the rules for Special Amunitions and Reloads (Page 274)

Does this help?

- Donavin
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

Nitoryu Kushirin

Postby Nitoryu Kushirin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Verispex wrote:Page 106 Heretek is Tier 3 (Overriding page 142)

This means he's seriously underequipped (his loyal equivalent starts with power armor and a power axe of all things on top of everything the heretek gets!) and has less influence too.

jack_px

Postby jack_px » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 pm

It does, thanks, although i always though about the thrown grenades as a one time use item that was apart of the reload sistem, because the start wargear of the space marines for example is a fixed number of grenades.

Ilias Bethomael

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Verispex wrote:Page 212, A character can jump three times their relevant statistic across or 1/2 rating high.

So the average human can still jump 9m across without a test? xD IIRC we discussed it here already, I know, but wouldn't jumping across for 1x relevant statistic meters be more reasonable?

If you want to make a longer jump, you then test athletics? In the "Jumping" description it is described that one is supposed to test, but it does not say at which DN and how Icons relate to a successful test. My suggestion:

"A character can jump a distance across that equals his strength characteristic in metres. If he wants to jump a longer distance make an Athletics test with a DN equal to the distance in metres he intends to jump. A character can jump 1/2 his strength caracteristic high in metres. If she intends to jump higher than that, test Athletics with a DN twice the height in metres."

So in order to jump two metres high, an athletics test of DN 4 is required (if below strength 4).
Courage and Honour!

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Verispex wrote:
jack_px wrote:

If the Launcher has a numbered Salvo rating, you need to select it's "Regular Ammo" (Usually Frag or Krak) and adjust the launcher's Damage and AP, as well as the Weapon Traits (like Blast) and it functions like any other weapon with a numbered Salvo rating.

If it's a Missile Launcher (With a Salvo of "-") or grenades you buy to throw, they stay at the "Salvo -" rules (needing to use a Reload every time you use it after the first, Page 220 or 273)

Neither of these overrides the rules for Special Amunitions and Reloads (Page 274)

Does this help?

- Donavin

I'm afraid not exactly. Every grenade launcher in game have Salvo rating. It's two of them, and both have Salvo 1. So, if this rule doesn't apply to every grenade launcher in-game, why it's speak about grenade launchers at all?

Also, is it ok that Tier 1 character can start with a weapon with AP -2, Blast (Small) and 16+3ED dmg?
I argue fiercely, but I never believed disagreement should be capital offence.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

Malckuss

Postby Malckuss » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:23 am

Is his going to lead to an updated errata+pdf?

Ilias Bethomael

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:36 am

Verispex wrote:There's an example that shines a little light on multi-attacks when one target is a Mob on page 216 (2nd Example down)

Please note that when hitting a Mob, Every 2 icons over the DN is NOT shifting them to hit another target.

As for different Defenses and DNs, it's fairly straight forward (mostly happens with Blast attacks, but is the same mechanic for individual multi-attacks), compare the roll to the DNs involved.

If the DNs are 3,6 and 8 and you roll a 7, you hit the 3 and 6, but miss the 8. You can only shift Exalted Icons if you hit all targets, or the gap between the DNs is large enough to do so.

As for Damage, Page 226 is straight forward as well. "Whenever a single attack strikes more than one target, make a single damage roll and apply the total damage value result against all affected targets" It has the same meaning as Page 222. Because the Resilience of each target maybe different, the actual damage inflicted to each target can and many times is different, and is individual to each target.

I hope this has helped.

-Donavin

I think this should be incorporated into the clarifactions as well. Oh and why should I ever target a NPC with my blast weapon (especially if its DN is above 3) when I could also simply shoot in front of his feet at DN3? Apart from called shots?
Courage and Honour!

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”