Page 1 of 1

Beginning of Session Resource list

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm
by Thendoctor
Hello,

I'm making a book keeping list of things to make sure for my players to do before the session starts.

So far I have:

-Roll Objective
-Have 0 Glory
-Have 1 Campaign Card
-Have 2 Wrath
-Have 3 Reloads

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Beginning of Session Resource list

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:57 am
by Ilias Bethomael
- bring character sheet (sometimes i feel like i have to parent my players :lol: )
- bring a copy of your character sheet for the GM ;)

Re: Beginning of Session Resource list

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 am
by Thendoctor
Ilias Bethomael wrote:- bring character sheet (sometimes i feel like i have to parent my players :lol: )
- bring a copy of your character sheet for the GM ;)


Eh, if they forgot their character sheet that's on them. I feel.

Thankfully all the pc sheets are in one place currently at least for my game.

Re: Beginning of Session Resource list

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:21 pm
by cps
Thendoctor wrote:-Roll Objective
-Have 0 Glory
-Have 1 Campaign Card
-Have 2 Wrath
-Have 3 Reloads

4 Calling birds

Okay but serious answer, I'd love it if my players bothered to read up on any rules questions that came up last session.

Before the session starts I like to ask the players to recap the previous adventure. It's a great way to get everyone on the same page and iron out any misunderstandings about what happened and why.

For the GM side of things:
- Ruin = number of players
- blank character sheets because you never know
- pregen character sheets in case there's a drop-in player (great way to expand the hobby)

Re: Beginning of Session Resource list

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:06 am
by Thendoctor
cps wrote:4 Calling birds


5 Golden Thrones

cps wrote:Okay but serious answer, I'd love it if my players bothered to read up on any rules questions that came up last session.


I ask them if they have any rules questions overall and we figure it out at the table, I've come to the conclusion that you can't expect them to do homework.

cps wrote:Before the session starts I like to ask the players to recap the previous adventure. It's a great way to get everyone on the same page and iron out any misunderstandings about what happened and why.


I summarize last session in the introduction for the current session myself, players latch on to what they feel is important anyways, and my players bring up any misconceptions themselves and we sort it out.

cps wrote:For the GM side of things:
- Ruin = number of players
- blank character sheets because you never know
- pregen character sheets in case there's a drop-in player (great way to expand the hobby)


-list
-in my "World's best GM Screen" along with printouts of the GM screen proper
-I gave my player's squad a couple of NPC guardsmen so at least in this part of the campaign I'm good

Obviously you're not making those points at me, I'm just commenting personally on them.