Campaign setting ideas

Abbadon'sJanitor

Campaign setting ideas

Postby Abbadon'sJanitor » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:37 pm

So, with the advent of the full system almost upon us, I found myself thinking of settings besides Imperium Nihilus that would work well with this structure. I find myself drawn back to the Horus heresy over and over again. Imagine playing as orks during the cleansing of Ullanor? Or a band of agents trying to track down rogue Marines in the alleys of the Petitioner's city? Or perhaps even further back than that, playing as a group of Alpha Marines on a dangerous infiltration mission of some Xenos or deviant human culture?

What I'm getting at is, this system seems to be very easy to use with almost any time period of the Imperium. So aside from the given, up to date one, what are some good eras to base a campaign in?

BarnOwl

Re: Campaign setting ideas

Postby BarnOwl » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I have some 40k campaign ideas I've wanted to use for a long time, and Wrath & Glory might be the system for them.

- Playing during the Great Crusade. I even have plans of running a Primarch mini-campaign at some point.
- Playing as either Adepta Sororitas or Adeptus Custodes during the Reign of Blood, maybe near the end.
- Playing as Blood Angels during the Arkio Insurrection.
- Playing as either side during the Badab War, maybe as Space Marines, but other options are surely possible.

These ideas aren't tied to a specific period, but wanted to mentioned them nonetheless.

- Playing as Adeptus Custodes during one of their Blood Games.
- Playing as gang members in a hive city.

Those are just some of my ideas for campaigns and mini-campaigns set in the 40k universe. I am interested in hearing what ideas other people have a-brewing.

VetSergeantbrown

Re: Campaign setting ideas

Postby VetSergeantbrown » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:47 pm

I am currently planning a Eldar campaign where the pcs are just graduated Guardians I took the base Corsair and turned them to guardians mainly changed some equipment around and called it good

Return to “Setting Discussion (W&G)”