Tales of the immaterium

xenoterracide

Tales of the immaterium

Postby xenoterracide » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Is there any good fiction that describes what being stuck in the warp is actually like? bonus points if it includes the loss of the gellar field.

Sardonis

Re: Tales of the immaterium

Postby Sardonis » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes!

It's called "Event Horizon"!

If there ever was a work of fiction that perfectly depicted what happens when a ship travels through the Immaterium without a Gellar Field, this is it.

Ilias Bethomael

Re: Tales of the immaterium

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:56 am

xenoterracide wrote:Is there any good fiction that describes what being stuck in the warp is actually like? bonus points if it includes the loss of the gellar field.

Loss of the Gellar Field happens in one of the Ultramarine novels by Graham McNeil, just can't remember which one it was :/ I think it is the one with the Demon Train Engine-Thingy... I think it was Dead Sky, Black Sun. Sadly, I can't remember a single Novel by Graham McNeil that I liked and that didn't feel, as if he was intend on butchering the lore. But his depiction of what happens to the crew of a space ship when it is stuck in the warp and its Gellar Field drops, was memorable at least ^^

Oh, and I believe it also happens in one of the Night Lord novels by Aaron Dembsky-Bowden (check them out anyway, because they are plain awesome)
Courage and Honour!

Return to “Setting Discussion (W&G)”