Can someone provide a breakdown of what's in the following card packs:

Wrath Card Deck
Campaign Card Deck
Perils of the Warp Card Deck
Combat Complications Card Deck
Talents and Psychic Powers Card Pack
Gear Card Pack

How many cards in each pack?

And are the cards just 'nice to have gameplay aids' or are they somehow necessary to play the game?

Thanks!

BarnOwl

Re: Card Packs - Contents? Necessary?

Postby BarnOwl » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:56 pm

I cannot answer how many cards are in the packs and what specific cards are inside, but the overall contents of the packs are described here: https://www.ulisses-us.com/wrathandglory/#card-decks

What I can answer is the question of necessity. One of the employees (Eric) answered my question, when I asked if the contents of the card packs would be included in the Core Rulebook (as tables or rules sections, for instance) or if the contents would only be available via the cards themselves. I received the following answer:
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
The Campaign Card Deck is entirely separate and not duplicated in the book. That's because those cards are drawn and played by the players rather than triggered by events. The other decks are covered with tables, but the tables of course don't include the nice art or the feel of drawing them from a deck. :)

The other advantage of the card deck is that it can grow and change over time with promos or expansions.
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to write what you wish specified.
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Alpharius

Postby Alpharius » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:48 pm

That certainly helped - thanks!

I'm guessing (hoping?) that all of these card decks will be available separately later on?

I want some, but not all, of what is in the 'all-in' bundle, so...

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:31 pm

To answer your questions about the materials being available later on, here is another quote from Eric:

---- ---- ---- ----
I can't promise that the Limited Editions will be available forever, at least not in the first incarnation. Otherwise, everything will be directly available or part of a future product - including the bonus content.
---- ---- ---- ----

I found some further details on the cards (also from Eric):

---- ---- ---- ----
We print these in Euro Poker size (63mm x 88mm). And yes, it is possible to play the game without the cards. Everything you need is in the Core Rules. The card decks simply enhance play and make things easier on both the GM and the players (less looking up on tables). The Wrath Deck and the Campaign Card Deck offer probably the most significant improvements to the play experience.
---- ---- ---- ----

I do not work for Ulisses, but I am a fan who follows the information they share very closely, so I know where to find much of the information that has been made public by them. :D
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Alpharius

Postby Alpharius » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:00 am

Thank you for the additional info - much appreciated!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”