Future products

AllenOwen

Future products

Postby AllenOwen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:10 am

I know there is a plan to put out campaign books/settings for the Eldar...I assume there will be products for Space Marines, Orks, etc?

I get the feeling the game is designed to allow groups to play straight Space Marine campaigns (or Deathwatch), or as a crew of Rogue Traders, or as Imperial Guard as in Only War, etc without have the system spread out over 5 different game lines, am I right?

BarnOwl

Re: Future products

Postby BarnOwl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Yes, they mentioned earlier somewhere that all the concepts from Fantasy Flight Games (Inquisition, Rogue Trader, Space Marines, Chaos, Imperial Guard) will also be playable with the use of the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook.

I don't know about the specific subjects of the supplements after Doom of the Eldar, but there will probably be some books to flesh out the species/factions available in the Core Rulebook.

HenriHakl

Postby HenriHakl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

From what I've seen, they'll start with a campaign in the Dark Imperium which essentially doubles as an introduction to the primary campaign setting. So I expect it not to be too focused on any one single region, faction, or threat. The campaign thereafter should then be the themed around the Eldar - and we'll see where they go from there.

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm

The first campaign/supplement series is called Imperium Nihilus. It focuses on the Imperium and Imperial characters, with the main focus probably being the Gilead sector, which is a setting created specifically for Wrath & Glory.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:11 pm

MINIATURES!

Oh, wait...
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

RevenantBob

Postby RevenantBob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:24 pm

I never understand why company close their lips so tight on what's coming. Other companies are open lipped and this allows players to anticipate something. It needn't even be that detailed.

"Yes, we're working on this concept, we'll see how it pans out."

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:09 pm

RevenantBob wrote:I never understand why company close their lips so tight on what's coming. Other companies are open lipped and this allows players to anticipate something. It needn't even be that detailed.

I wouldn't say they've been tight-lipped, according to my experience with such things. They have told us what they plan for this year, and maybe the beginning of next year, depending on how quickly they publish each product.

FIRST WAVE: Core Rulebook, GM Screen, Dark Tides and cards.
SECOND WAVE: Imperium Nihilus.
THIRD WAVE: Doom of the Eldar.

RevenantBob

Postby RevenantBob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:09 pm

BarnOwl wrote:
RevenantBob wrote:I never understand why company close their lips so tight on what's coming. Other companies are open lipped and this allows players to anticipate something. It needn't even be that detailed.

I wouldn't say they've been tight-lipped, according to my experience with such things. They have told us what they plan for this year, and maybe the beginning of next year, depending on how quickly they publish each product.

FIRST WAVE: Core Rulebook, GM Screen, Dark Tides and cards.
SECOND WAVE: Imperium Nihilus.
THIRD WAVE: Doom of the Eldar.

Oh neat! Eldar fleshed out. One of my issues with the FFG books were they were so Human-centric. I've already enjoyed that W&G is branching out.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Also, keep in mind that we have VERY rigorous approval processes for literally everything we do with this product line. For Torg, we can talk all day about the order that we'll be releasing the Cosms, but we just can't do that for Wrath & Glory.

Malckuss

Postby Malckuss » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 pm

How far in the future might it be before we see a sourcebook for using the Tau?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”