Character editor

Mupf

Character editor

Postby Mupf » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello everybody,

as a fan project I try to build a character editor for Wrath & Glory.
It is still in the process of beeing build and not feature complete.

Version history can be found in second post.

Important: If you use some sort of adblocker like ghostery please ensure that you allow elastic beanstalk for proper execution of the graphics (CSS, JS from Bootstrap).

Link: http://wagce.eu-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/
Last edited by Mupf on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mupf

Re: Character editor

Postby Mupf » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Reserved first reply for more space.

Version: Changes:
0.9.1 - Added Details for total skill value calculation.
0.9.0 - Added Details about the total value calculation of each attribute. You can now open the Details to see what contributes (and how much).
0.8.2 - Added Dice Roll function for attribute rolls.
0.8.1 - Added function to roll on the critical chart and determining count of matching keywords.
0.8.0 - Added Dice Roll function for skill rolls.
0.7.0 - Added Wargear. At the moment only Wargear of Tools & Equipment section are included (no blankets...). Tattered Clothing has a house rule description. Just ignore it if you don't like it.
0.6.4 - 0.6.1 - Bugfixes
0.6.0 - You can add an portrait now and Import should work again.
0.5.0 - Visual feedback for attribute and skill buttons if they are disabled and tooltip explains reason.
0.4.2 - Added BP Log, but it works only for archetype and species. Full support with 0.5.x @Soon@
0.4.1 - BugFix. Archetype BP costs should now be added.
0.4.0 - Backgrounds added.
0.3.2 - Dedicated done with dedication....
0.3.1 - Cybernetics can be added manually. Those implant can be removed in cybernetics table. Implants added by talents can be removed by removing the talent.
0.3.0 - Added Ascensions and memorable injuries.
0.2.0 - Added Psychic Powers.
0.1.3 - Added Minor and Severe Mutations.
0.1.2 - Mental Trauma added.
0.1.1 - MOOR' AJAX...!! Attributes, Skills, Weapons, Armor changes are now handled with AJAX.
0.1.0 - Basic information and Talents use AJAX for a smoother experience. First version of weapon upgrades included.
Last edited by Mupf on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Timberboar

Postby Timberboar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:59 am

Following the development of this with interest.

Malckuss

Postby Malckuss » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 am

Swag! How complete would you say this is?

Mupf

Postby Mupf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 am

Malckuss wrote:Swag! How complete would you say this is?

At the moment I am at version 0.3.0 and 1.0.0 I would say is feature complete.

Feature complete means for me: All features from the system are onboard, the presentation is nice and some usability is done that i want archive like a history of purchases (bp costs).

I would say im most cases you can use the editor right now as long as you don't need maimings for example which comes next.
Also the talent dedicant is missing (because it is so variable and therefore hard to program).

A lot of the math should work. If you find a bug or wrong calculation feel free to post it here.

Edit:
At the moment I have no validation for the number of psychic powers because I need clarification there. The rulebook is misleading about how many minor or major powers you can have during character creation and later per tier level. If someone can enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Second Edit:
If you have one thing that hinders you to use the character editor for your character. Feel free to post it here. Maybe I can add it soon (no promises!).

HenriHakl

Postby HenriHakl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 pm

This is great ^_^

Though I do think I managed to break it by haphazardly trying stuff. The character editor form does not display content beyond the Attributes, ending with the words:
"Combat Traits
Defense (w. Shield)"

I don't know if it is due to me breaking the form, but I didn't find an option to create a New Character (after having created my first one).

A suggestion: allow adding custom Objectives. For example, my death cult assassin has
"Praise the death of an ally as embracing the martyrdom of the Emperor."
"Extol the virtues of the death cult as a means to give many lives to the Emperor."
"Offer a benediction to the fallen (including foes) in praise of the God-Emperor."

HenriHakl

Postby HenriHakl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Another note: sometimes the system seems unresponsive - but actually it is due to some constraint (e.g. tree of knowledge, etc). It would be handy if that were indicated when I try to click something illegally.

Mupf

Postby Mupf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 pm

HenriHakl wrote:This is great ^_^

Though I do think I managed to break it by haphazardly trying stuff. The character editor form does not display content beyond the Attributes, ending with the words:
"Combat Traits
Defense (w. Shield)"

I don't know if it is due to me breaking the form, but I didn't find an option to create a New Character (after having created my first one).

A suggestion: allow adding custom Objectives. For example, my death cult assassin has
"Praise the death of an ally as embracing the martyrdom of the Emperor."
"Extol the virtues of the death cult as a means to give many lives to the Emperor."
"Offer a benediction to the fallen (including foes) in praise of the God-Emperor."

If you manage to break it. Just close your browser. Afterwards the session cahce is cleared.
Breaking forms is easy at the moment, because I am not in polishing phase, but if you can tell me the actions that caused it, I will fix it (@soon).

Mupf

Postby Mupf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:37 pm

HenriHakl wrote:Another note: sometimes the system seems unresponsive - but actually it is due to some constraint (e.g. tree of knowledge, etc). It would be handy if that were indicated when I try to click something illegally.

Yeah that is in the making. ;)

Menial_Lazarus

Postby Menial_Lazarus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi,

My tests indicate that the cost of the archetypes is not being added. Other than that, seems prety solid.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”