Essen 2018?

gribble

Essen 2018?

Postby gribble » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 am

I kind of assumed you guys would be there, but I see no announcements... are you planning to attend, and if so what goodies do you think you'll have with you? W&G corebooks / starter sets perhaps?

Lambert

Re: Essen 2018?

Postby Lambert » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 am

Ulisses will have a massive presence at Essen,
and if past years are to judge, they often have a few copies of upcoming English releases before they hit the shelves internationally.

So it might be interesting to see. I won't be able to make it, but if anyone does, let me know what they had.

gribble

Postby gribble » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:02 pm

I will be there - hence the question.
:)

I kind of expected them to, but haven't seen anything posted about it. I'll try to post some photos and/or info.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 pm

We aren't there, but the German team is.

It's important to be clear about that - we're two entirely different teams. Part of this last year has been about making that distinction more clear, and moving forward we'll be handling more and more of the process ourselves.

So the reason we haven't made any announcements is that they're not really our announcements to make. If you want to know what the German team is doing, make sure you follow Ulisses Spiele GmbH on social media!

gribble

Postby gribble » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Eric USNA wrote:We aren't there, but the German team is.

That's a shame, would have been great to say hi.
I hope the "German team" will be selling some Ulisses-US products too? I guess I'll find out in the morning... :)

gribble

Postby gribble » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:55 am

Hmmm... the only english game they had was Torg.
And apparently they "weren't allowed" to sell W&G, even to those who pre-ordered. I wanted to grab an extra copy of the CRB (so I'd at least have one for next Tuesdays game).
Pretty disappointing that Essen got treated differently than GenCon. :(

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 pm

I wasn't involved in that decision, so I wouldn't know why, sorry. It may have had something to do with licensing, since that wasn't technically us but rather Ulisses Spiele GmbH. They are legally and financially distinct from us, and handling Wrath & Glory is where the distinction matters the most.

gribble

Postby gribble » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:42 am

Eric USNA wrote:I wasn't involved in that decision, so I wouldn't know why, sorry. It may have had something to do with licensing, since that wasn't technically us but rather Ulisses Spiele GmbH. They are legally and financially distinct from us, and handling Wrath & Glory is where the distinction matters the most.

Fair enough. In the crazy world of trademark law, strange things can happen.
I really hope my pre-order books arrive in time for *next* Tuesday's game now... otherwise it'll be a second session without a copy of the rulebook (I had expected to either receive my preorder before Essen, or pick up a copy at Essen, when I scheduled the game). While I have PDFs, and have printed some pages, it isn't feasible to print the whole thing and hard to use PDFs at the table. It's especially annoying while we're all still learning the ins and outs of the rules.

Return to “Conventions and Events”