Sales Report

dchart

Sales Report

Postby dchart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 am

I thought that people who were thinking about writing for the Infiniverse Exchange might be interested in some numbers. My total sales for the month of December were:

12 Perils for the Living Land: 30
LibreOffice Templates: 13
Road to Philadelphia: 28

People paid a total of $34.71 for the templates, which averages out to $2.67 per paid download, or 67 cents more than the suggested price. So thanks. In all, 63 people downloaded them, but the 13 paid downloads suggest that we will be seeing some more Infiniverse Exchange authors in the fairly near future.

Because I'm also an affiliate, and ran some of the links through my affiliate ID, I made a total of $110.21 on these. That pays for the Kickstarter and the stock art I used. Since Road to Philadelphia is the hottest product, and I have three times more products than anyone else, I suspect, but cannot prove, that I am the highest earning Infiniverse Exchange author, at about 0.5c/word.

tl;dr: Don't do this for the money.

ZorValachan

Re: Sales Report

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 am

I sold 18 Knights of the Road. Just a quick character archetype/ready made group. So yes, nothing to make a living, but i can use that to buy other exchange products :)

I also learned a lot in TE layout with that little project, so my current project is not wasting time with that stuff.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I've sold 14 copies of my mission generator (65 counting unpaid downloads) in only a few days, so there definitely seems to be an interested community out there!

There have also been a few downloads of my Page plus template, so clearly some people are working on new stuff with PP.

This whole thing is exciting for me. I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Yeah, I figure I'll use my royalties to buy off the Infiniverse Exchange. I submitted my works for the love of the hobby, and I can use the proceeds of that love to help support it.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

dchart

Postby dchart » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:52 am

After a couple of months of the Infiniverse Exchange, here are my numbers.

Month 2 (12/8-1/7): Road to Philly: 29, Templates: 13, 12 Perils: 30
Month 2 (1/8-2/7): Road to Philly: 9, Templates: 1, 12 Perils: 7

It will be interesting to see whether the numbers get a boost when Torg Eternity goes on sale to the general public. I'm also interested to see the influence of the next product, but that is unlikely to be ready for publication before the beginning of month 4.

dchart

Postby dchart » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Here are the numbers for the third month, 2/8 - 3/7:

12 Perils: 20; Templates: 6; Road to Philly: 19

Why the jump in sales? Because Ulisses put all Infiniverse Exchange products in the GM's Day Sale. I am seeing continued higher sales now, though, which may be the effect of Torg Eternity going on sale to non-backers.

I'm waiting for art for my next release, so I think I will release it on April 8th, to make it easy to compare numbers.

dchart

Postby dchart » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Since people may be interested, figures for the fourth month, 3/8 - 4/7:

12 Perils: 13; Templates: 3; Road to Philly: 14

I think the general availability of Torg Eternity and the Living Land Kickstarter have had a positive effect. I am getting very close to 1c/word! :o

Still waiting for art for the next release, so maybe early next month.

dchart

Postby dchart » Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 am

Figures for the fifth month, 4/8 - 5/7:

12 Perils: 4; Templates: 1; Road to Philly: 7

My next release went up today, so it will appear in next month's report.

dchart

Postby dchart » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:24 am

And the sixth month, 5/8 - 6/7:

12 Perils: 7; 8 Million Gods: 19; Templates: 2; Road to Philly: 7

8 Million Gods had a slower start than the other two, but as they were released on the first day of the Infiniverse Exchange, that's only to be expected. It isn't that much slower, and it will be interesting to see how sales go from now on. The other supplements seem to be sustaining their continuing sales rate.

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”