Sales Report

agarrett

Re: Sales Report

Postby agarrett » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 am

I'll add mine too. I wrote Living Land: Wars of Religion mostly for use in my own campaign, but decided others might be interested so I cleaned it up for Infiniverse Exchange - wound up being quite useful in forcing me to clarify some of my own ideas. Anyway, 44 downloads this month, 8 of whom paid something (and I appreciate that greatly, thank you.)

No reviews or discussions yet - I'd love to hear what people think, so feel free...

dchart

Postby dchart » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 am

Eighth month, 7/8 - 8/7:

12 Perils: 7, 8 Million Gods: 1, Road to Philadelphia: 9

8 Million Gods seems to be less popular than the other two, but that makes sense. 8 Million Gods changes the setting slightly, while the other two are both made for the setting as written. Road to Philadelphia (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228359/Road-to-Philadelphia?affiliate_id=78970) is now at 99 sales.

My new product, Home Front: Philadelphia (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/249252/Home-Front-Philadelphia?affiliate_id=78970) has just gone up, and is also for the setting as written. It will be interesting to see how that one does over the next few months.

dchart

Postby dchart » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 am

Ninth month, 8/8 - 9/7

12 Perils: 4, 8 Million Gods: 3, Home Front Philadelphia: 11, LibreOffice Templates: 1, Road to Philadelphia: 1

One sale of Road to Philadelphia means that it has now hit 100 sales. (It is still a Copper Bestseller, so the boundary with Silver is obviously higher. Maybe 200, the same as the Beta/Gamma Clearance border?)

The sales of Home Front Philadelphia are disappointing, at a level that means I won't be doing any Infiniverse work this month. I really need about 30 sales up front (first two months) to justify the time and effort involved in doing this even as a hobby, and neither of the two most recent products have come close to that. I will keep an eye on how sales go, but five star reviews and releasing when the IE launches seem to be a big help. The second point, at least, is not something that can be reproduced.

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm not sure the Infiniverse Exchange was ever really designed to make money off of, more of the ability to make a bit of side-cash for producing things we, in ALL OTHER MILIEU's of role-playing, are not allowed to produce for, at all, let alone make that side-cash from.

dchart

Postby dchart » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:16 am

To actually make money off the IE, I'd need sales of about 300 copies. The current level does not justify the effort needed to lay something out and make it look semi-professional. I write stuff for fun, but publishing layout is not a hobby of mine.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:42 am

dchart wrote:To actually make money off the IE, I'd need sales of about 300 copies. The current level does not justify the effort needed to lay something out and make it look semi-professional. I write stuff for fun, but publishing layout is not a hobby of mine.

I'm at the 300 copies range to break even. I know i can use their provided artwork, but i don't like using previously used artwork, so do my own. I'm at 59 copies right now. I'm hoping when the LL comes out officially, that'll make another bump to sales.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:51 pm

So what can we, as fans, do to help scare up more business for Ulisses and, subsequently, ourselves through the Exchange? I tell people my favorite role-playing game has been Torg since the beginning, which is the truth, and I try to explain it to them. Unfortunately, I think most players will do all in their power to stick with the first American RPG and/or Warhammer, true and total-game fantasy settings. So, what sort of marketing could WE do to help Ulisses out?

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I think that the remaining product coming out quicker after Living Land kinda stalled out should help

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Doc Gordon wrote:So what can we, as fans, do to help scare up more business for Ulisses and, subsequently, ourselves through the Exchange? I tell people my favorite role-playing game has been Torg since the beginning, which is the truth, and I try to explain it to them. Unfortunately, I think most players will do all in their power to stick with the first American RPG and/or Warhammer, true and total-game fantasy settings. So, what sort of marketing could WE do to help Ulisses out?

Demos. I think demos can help out a lot. I've been running demos for over a year, and I am always happy when the players walk away with an appreciation for the rules and the setting. I've had people tell me that they're convinced.

But what does that mean? Did they go out and buy it? I cannot know, but I bet probably not. It's one thing to have a good time at a table, but it's something else to purchase the materials. And unfortunately I'm not seeing Torg on the shelves to help with those post-fuzzy good-times impulse buys.

Clearly what I need to do is convinces stores to carry it. I've been too busy lately to do an in-store demo, but I intend to call around and find out who's carrying it. Whoever is doing that will get a demo scheduled. Maybe biweekly. Just prop up the books and the GM screen and lure people over to check it out. Then when someone has that "man, I gotta check this out more" feeling, they can follow up with an actual purchase. And maybe they'll feel compelled to run a home campaign.

This has been on my mind for a while, and I need to hit the pavement more. The demos are usually fun for me as well as the players, so why not do more of it?
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”