Infiniverse Reviews

Greymarch2000

Infiniverse Reviews

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:06 pm

I've been thinking about ways to get some more eyes on Infiniverse stuff and was debating making some review videos for adventures and supplements. What I was wondering was what peoples opinions would be regarding spoilers? How much is saying too much? Number of Acts? Cosms it takes place? Could more detail (but not a scene by scene breakdown or anything that involved) work with a visible spoiler tag?

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Infiniverse Reviews

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 am

I would probably go with numbe of acts, cosms, level (Alpha, Beta etc.) and the introduction to the book.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 am

That's probably going to be on a case-by-case basis, but yeah, discussing the introduction sounds pretty spoiler-light, for instance.

Teotimus

Postby Teotimus » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:I would probably go with number of acts, cosms, level (Alpha, Beta etc.) and the introduction to the book.

Ditto. Infiniverse has some pretty good stuff, looking forward to seeing those reviews.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 am

Definitely case-by-case. While the number of acts and cosm information are great ways to identify what fits well in the hole you have, I’d like a bit more on what the product is about.

I’d like to know if it provides story ideas or a fully fleshed-out adventure. For example, my flagship product, the Boneyard, is not a self-contained adventure. It provides enough information to form your own adventure (at least two solid acts without adding anything else from your campaign), but if you’re looking for something to run right out of the box, then the Boneyard is not ideal for that. It’s meant to give the GM plot devices to drop into their campaign.

Does it add to character options, such as new spells, perks, etc.?

How flexible is the material? If the adventure takes place squarely in Copenhagen, does it run the risk of contradicting the game’s canonical Copenhagen? Is it written in a way that allows the GM to lift it? For example, I moved the Living Land Delphi mission that takes place in Miami to New Orleans instead because that’s where my Storm Knights were. It had some assumptions about the surrounding areas, but I modified it without much trouble. On the other hand, I didn’t feel comfortable moving the LL mission with the meteor strike because of the cultural significance of the site.

While I personally would seek out multi-cosm materials, I wouldn’t want to detract from the materials that take place entirely in a single cosm. I’d say that Relics of Power is a cosm-hopping adventure, but that shouldn’t detract from Fires of Ra, which has a tighter focus.

A plot summary should be fine. Avoid spoilers where possible, but since it’s likely a GM who is shopping for this, a review could go one level above a generic sales pitch.

So an example review might describe the Relics of Power as a cosm-hopping adventure beginning with a Pan-Pacifica research facility on the border of the Living Lands that pits the Storm Knights against agents of the High Lords in a race to learn more about a lost reality. It’s still vague, but it gives the GM an idea of what sort of adventure it is.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”