InDesign

Gargoyle

InDesign

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Can anyone recommend training videos, books, or online courses for InDesign ? It's not every intuitive to me, and I think I need to spend some time to learn it. Have some stuff I plan on publishing on the IE but I'm sort of using it to force myself to learn Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kuildeous

Re: InDesign

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Gargoyle wrote:Can anyone recommend training videos, books, or online courses for InDesign ? It's not every intuitive to me, and I think I need to spend some time to learn it. Have some stuff I plan on publishing on the IE but I'm sort of using it to force myself to learn Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

I know lynda.com was the hotness some years back. I imagine it still has some pretty good training.

And check out the Adobe forums. Those forums usually have some pretty competent users.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:04 am

Thanks, someone I know who uses it every day mentioned lynda.com as well, so I think that's the way I'll go.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Lime2K

Postby Lime2K » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:52 am

If you're learning InDesign, know that master pages are your best friend. They make everything so much easier. (I wish indesign was a thing when I was learning, we had Quark at my school, and having learned Photoshop and Illustrator, quark made absolutely no sense in my mind.)

I picked up a copy of the ID Classroom in a book (this year's version is here: https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-InDesign-Classroom-Book-release/dp/0134852508/ and it helped a bunch. (TBH, last year's version isn't much different, and half the price used: https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-InDesign-Classroom-Book-release/dp/0134664094/)

Hope this is helpful, and good luck!
Lime2K

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks! I will check it out.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”