Greetings from Pennsylvania

arkobla conn

Greetings from Pennsylvania

Postby arkobla conn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

Hi all - New to the world of Aventuria and trying to establish a steady group. I love the world setting and the quality of the materials I am seeing for the new edition in America. I think we are slowly coming to understand the basic rules and I'm looking forward to the time when we start to understand the more complex rules as we move on.

I've started the group on the Theater Nights campaign after running the Thorwal Drum.

The only thing I am a bit (concerned is too harsh) about is that the text for the GM to take characters from one even to the other is buried within alot of other material. I find that I'm hunting down 'the next thing' more than I'd prefer. For example, in the first campaign module, we can have one of three patrons. There is considerable detail on each patron - but the section that talks about what the GM should do is buried within pages and pages of background. As a 50+ year old gamer, I have less time to prepare and tend to prefer plain steps. I am getting that this game is not for short cuts.

Still - this is a minor gripe compared to the brilliance of the quality, the depth of the world, the beauty of the art. I absolutely love the concept of the chess pieces denoting the criticality of characters to the story as well.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the game from the community

Arkobla Conn
With Regards,
Arkobla Conn

Bosper

Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania

Postby Bosper » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:43 am

Welcome to aventuria and the community!

I'm happy you like it. If you have any problems with world, rules or campaign, feel free to ask. There are quite a few people here that will be happy to help, especially the long time fans from germany, like me, who will do their best to fill you in, wherever there may be missing information or missunderstandings.
cheers
Bosper

arkobla conn

Postby arkobla conn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Bosper wrote:Welcome to aventuria and the community!

I'm happy you like it. If you have any problems with world, rules or campaign, feel free to ask. There are quite a few people here that will be happy to help, especially the long time fans from germany, like me, who will do their best to fill you in, wherever there may be missing information or missunderstandings.
cheers
Bosper

Thanks Bosper - I've already seen that with my question on Currency! Looking forward to more TDE
With Regards,
Arkobla Conn

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:29 am

It's nice to see that TDE is becoming more and more popular. I wish you a lot of fun in this community and as Bosper has already said, don't hesitate if you have any questions. We are happy to help.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”