Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Wotan

Re: Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Postby Wotan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Not "word of dev", but FWIW...
Badger3d wrote:With Perk "Born to Light" can you cast healing on the same person every one of your actions?

Yes you could. However after the first casting of the Scene, subsequent castings of Healing, on the same target, are Contradictions if the characters aren't in Aysle.
Does "Born to Light" require the Miracles perk, or just that you have Miracles? would you be able to start a character with just Born to Light and Exemplar of Light?

By the letter of the text, the Miracles perk is a pre-req for Born to Light. (In Born to Light's pre-reqs "Miracles" is capitalised which, to my mind, indicates that it's specifically referring to the Perk, rather than just stating that the character needs to know miracles from any source.)
IMHO, it wouldn't be unreasonable, or OP, to let an Exemplar of Light pick up Born to Light, but that isn't RAW. *shrug*
Glitchfinder General

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Yeah if it was just “knowledge of the healing miracle” that’s what it would have said. There is no “have some unspecified number of miracles” requirement, that type of requirement has been phrased as needing to know X spells or what have you.

Badger3d

Postby Badger3d » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Penace says it only effects targets with Darkness Perks. What about those with Orrorsh Corruption, or supernatural evil creatures?
It seems to me it should effect those as well.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Badger3d wrote:Penace says it only effects targets with Darkness Perks. What about those with Orrorsh Corruption, or supernatural evil creatures?
It seems to me it should effect those as well.

They didn't fall from grace; they never had it to begin with... :lol:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Stating in advance that I know this is extremely unlikely though all things are possible in TORG - especially if backed up by a Martyr card. Anyway if someone with the Exorcism Perk successfully performed an exorcism on Thorfinn Bjanni does Uthorian's spirit get banished to some netherworld for a year and a day or just default to possessing one of his other bodies (and presumably be barred from possessing Bjanni for a year and a day)?

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:41 am

johntfs wrote:Stating in advance that I know this is extremely unlikely though all things are possible in TORG - especially if backed up by a Martyr card. Anyway if someone with the Exorcism Perk successfully performed an exorcism on Thorfinn Bjanni does Uthorian's spirit get banished to some netherworld for a year and a day or just default to possessing one of his other bodies (and presumably be barred from possessing Bjanni for a year and a day)?

IMO GM's call (it's easy to justify bending almost any rule when a Darkness Device is directly involved), but most likely the latter unless there's a great story to be told by having the cosm's High Lord vanish for a year.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 am

pkitty wrote:
johntfs wrote:Stating in advance that I know this is extremely unlikely though all things are possible in TORG - especially if backed up by a Martyr card. Anyway if someone with the Exorcism Perk successfully performed an exorcism on Thorfinn Bjanni does Uthorian's spirit get banished to some netherworld for a year and a day or just default to possessing one of his other bodies (and presumably be barred from possessing Bjanni for a year and a day)?

IMO GM's call (it's easy to justify bending almost any rule when a Darkness Device is directly involved), but most likely the latter unless there's a great story to be told by having the cosm's High Lord vanish for a year.

The Seduction of Pella Ardinay would be a pretty good story. Remember that bit in The Fellowship of the Ring where Galadrial gives Frodo preview of what she'd be like with the One Ring? That.

Still, figure Thorfinn would likely hold a bit of a grudge over being used as Uthorian's sock puppet, so tearing the Vikings away from Uttie would be a pretty decent blow against him in any case.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 pm

My feeling is that Uthorion probably has multiple "hosts" prepared for him around the realm/cosm so that if the worst came to pass he could just inhabit one of them.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:

My feeling is that Uthorion probably has multiple "hosts" prepared for him around the realm/cosm so that if the worst came to pass he could just inhabit one of them.

He does.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”