Cyberpapacy Preview #9 - The GodNet (Part 2)

TorgHacker

Cyberpapacy Preview #9 - The GodNet (Part 2)

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:10 am

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Badger3d

Re: Cyberpapacy Preview #9 - The GodNet (Part 2)

Postby Badger3d » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:44 pm

I like how you mention the "Hacker Problem" but didn't feel this article addressed the solution, especially how the Hacker is "still be able to be useful in other realms" A teaser on how you address this would be great.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Badger3d wrote:I like how you mention the "Hacker Problem" but didn't feel this article addressed the solution, especially how the Hacker is "still be able to be useful in other realms" A teaser on how you address this would be great.

Oh, good point. I knew there was a reason I wanted three points there. I’ll add a tidbit on that.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

videopete

Postby videopete » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Tharkold, panfacifica, and core earth. And since the soul leaves the body maybe nodders are also good at dealing with spirits and such because how the godnet works.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Since before the Core Set launched, I’ve been finicky and sometimes anxious about the Cyberpapacy and the even more so the GodNet.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the preview. It looks good. I like the cyber deck perks mentioned and the idea of programs. No red flags. Good job. I knew there had to be changes, but they look thoughtful and well considered.

When time permits, I’d like to see more on how the hacker / nodder remains relevant in other cosms.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Well, this thread has been quiet, so I just wanted to say that it's probably because what you put together here makes a lot of sense and we're all just kind of nodding our heads. As in, "yep, they get it... that's a relief". So, since it's probably disconcerting to post something and NOT get a torrent of replies, I just wanted to add some positive feedback here.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Well, this thread has been quiet, so I just wanted to say that it's probably because what you put together here makes a lot of sense and we're all just kind of nodding our heads. As in, "yep, they get it... that's a relief". So, since it's probably disconcerting to post something and NOT get a torrent of replies, I just wanted to add some positive feedback here.

I will not deny the puzzlement at how inactive it was. :-)

I am still going to say something about making hackers useful outside the GodNet, but I was...uh...a bit busy. For reasons. ;)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm

I think we're also all anxiously watching the crowdfunding for the Cyberpapacy :)

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:26 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:Well, this thread has been quiet, so I just wanted to say that it's probably because what you put together here makes a lot of sense and we're all just kind of nodding our heads. As in, "yep, they get it... that's a relief". So, since it's probably disconcerting to post something and NOT get a torrent of replies, I just wanted to add some positive feedback here.

I am still going to say something about making hackers useful outside the GodNet, but I was...uh...a bit busy. For reasons. ;)

Pretty sure most of us here on board with your prioritization today =D

Grae

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:08 pm

TorgHacker wrote:

From what we have seen of the content and the art for CP, it looks amazing and i can't wait to hold the sourcebook, as well as each and every hardcover and the booster deck. CP has long been my favourite realm and its development looks very exciting. It would be an extreme shame if these process issues overshadow the work that has been done by Deanna, Darrell, Brian, Greg, Wakshani and others.

I don't know whether it is feasible, but I wonder whether the release of some of the Aysle stuff a little early - the archetypes say, or acts 3 - 5 of Relics - will get everyone focused back on, and enthused about, the awesome stuff being produced.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”