The Reality Choir: A sourcebook for the Covert Reality War

Yoric

The Reality Choir: A sourcebook for the Covert Reality War

Postby Yoric » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:41 pm

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/294785/The-Reality-Choir

On all fronts, brave soldiers and civilians are fighting and dying for Core Earth. But it is behind enemy lines that the war will be won or lost.

The Reality Choir is a complete sourcebook for Core Earth's attempts to fight off the Invasion. It contains everything you need to handle Covert Operations in your Torg: Eternity campaign:

• The Reality Choir itself – five competing global agencies that distrust each other but all attempt to be save Earth – probably. From the Delphi Council to Pan Pacifica's Earth Defense Force, the Pan-Islamic Federation of Saladin or the Cyberpapacy-influenced Bureau des Tempêtes. Each has its agendas, strengths and weaknesses, and their strategies to defeat the Reality Raiders and each other.
  • Ten additional smaller organizations fighting the Reality War on the side of Core Earth, from the Center for Disease Control to the freedom-fighting mummies of the Hivrin.
  • Fifteen Theaters of Operation, from South-America to the Nile Empire, detailing the operations, objectives, victories and defeats of each of the agencies of the Reality Choir.
  • All in all, dozens of plots for your group of Storm Knights.
  • Situations on day 90 (as the Core Rules) and One year later (as the Sourcebooks).
  • Tables and suggestions to help you design Covert Operations for your Storm Knight Operatives, from contacts to mcguffins to moles!
  • More perks, more gear, more threats and allies for your Covert Operations!
  • Bonus: Compatible with Torg Eternity with Fate Accelerated.

Available now on Infiniverse Exchange.

Note Feedback welcome! This is my first RPG supplement, so please be gentle :)

Yoric

Re: The Reality Choir: A sourcebook for the Covert Reality War

Postby Yoric » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am

A few updates are on their way, specifically for the Earth Defense Force, which didn't feel quite as loved as the other agencies.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 pm

I just came across this and am very impressed. This is incredibly useful and helps make Core Earth a lot more flavorful than it is in canon! I absorbed the preview, loved it, and am going to grab this on payday.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 pm

A few possible errata

On p. 5 it mentions the DGSE. What is that?

Curious why on p. 29 it says " too many cargo crew, EDF agents, diplomats or troops troops tend to be reduced to what ifs whenever they leave the subcontinent"? Ords who travel to a new cosm will, at worst, transform to the new cosm. The only time people get reduced to what-ifs is if stelae are pulled up without proper preparation.

Footnote 34 is missing.
Last edited by pkitty on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 pm

pkitty wrote:I just came across this and am very impressed. This is incredibly useful and helps make Core Earth a lot more flavorful than it is in canon! I absorbed the preview, loved it, and am going to grab this on payday.

I bought this and am almost very impressed. I have only flicked through it so far, and it will be great weekend reading - hopefully with the CP sourcebook, which damn Baggins appears to have run off with ...

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:42 am

pkitty wrote:A few possible errata

Thanks a lot! I'll update this asap.

On p. 5 it mentions the DGSE. What is that?

French secret service. I'll add a note :)

Curious why on p. 29 it says " too many cargo crew, EDF agents, diplomats or troops troops tend to be reduced to what ifs whenever they leave the subcontinent"? Ords who travel to a new cosm will, at worst, transform to the new cosm. The only time people get reduced to what-ifs is if stelae are pulled up without proper preparation.

Unless I'm very mistaken, whenever an Ord is transformed twice, they're reduced to what ifs. The most visible manner in which this happens is when a Stelae is unrooted without Inspiration, but simple travel should also cause the same thing to happen.

Footnote 34 is missing.

Oops!

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:05 am

As a side-note, I'm also feverishly waiting for the Cyberpapacy. I'm planning to update The Reality Choir once I've got my hand on the Sourcebook, so hopefully at some point next week.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:37 am

Yoric wrote:Unless I'm very mistaken, whenever an Ord is transformed twice, they're reduced to what ifs. The most visible manner in which this happens is when a Stelae is unrooted without Inspiration, but simple travel should also cause the same thing to happen.

Huh, just reread things and I think you're right. I never really thought about that applying to those who travel. It would take a while in most cases, especially heading into the dominant (not pure) zones of Core Earth, but that's why it took them so long to realize it was an issue. Objection withdrawn.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Mmmmh... the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook changes many things. Different borderlines from the One Year Later document, different stance wrt other countries. I'll need to rethink a few things.

I'll post a (free) update once I've come up with something convincing!

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 am

Yoric wrote:Mmmmh... the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook changes many things. Different borderlines from the One Year Later document, different stance wrt other countries. I'll need to rethink a few things.

I'll post a (free) update once I've come up with something convincing!

You may have to break canon, but only slightly, to keep Le Bureau viable. Just add a sticky note saying something like:

This take on the Cyberpapacy has taken pains to maintain the identity of its component nations (France, Spain, etc.), so that it presents as a "cultural overlay" atop existing governments rather than as a single unified empire. As such, it remains part of the EU; the other nations' opinions range from wary acceptance to vocal distrust, with only the Vatican being openly hostile.

Honestly, I think that's more interesting as it maintains the CP's "false flag" approach.

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”