Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Kanaris
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am

The Spell Checker deck has a stored spell as part of its benefits. Does this grant knowledge of an additional spell to the decker? If not, what is the benefit of the spell being stored in game terms?

SichoPhiend
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby SichoPhiend » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:27 am

P. 31 under Cyberware list "Unless otherwise noted, only one install of each type of cyberware is permitted"

When it states type, does this mean one per category or on of the specific piece, i.e One piece from "Control Interfaces" or one TSE Cybergunner specifically but you could still get other control interfaces (I am far more concerned about cybereyes and ears though)

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:49 am

Kanaris wrote:The Spell Checker deck has a stored spell as part of its benefits. Does this grant knowledge of an additional spell to the decker? If not, what is the benefit of the spell being stored in game terms?


You get to cast it.

But no, it doesn't "grant the knowledge".
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:51 am

SichoPhiend wrote:P. 31 under Cyberware list "Unless otherwise noted, only one install of each type of cyberware is permitted"

When it states type, does this mean one per category or on of the specific piece, i.e One piece from "Control Interfaces" or one TSE Cybergunner specifically but you could still get other control interfaces (I am far more concerned about cybereyes and ears though)


You can't have two BelleScans for example, to ignore 4 points of Speed penalties.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Kanaris wrote:The Spell Checker deck has a stored spell as part of its benefits. Does this grant knowledge of an additional spell to the decker? If not, what is the benefit of the spell being stored in game terms?


You get to cast it.

But no, it doesn't "grant the knowledge".


Thank you. Does this mean that a cyberwitch can only cast stored spells while in the GodNet?

User avatar
Gargoyle
Posts: 1797
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 am

Kanaris wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
Kanaris wrote:The Spell Checker deck has a stored spell as part of its benefits. Does this grant knowledge of an additional spell to the decker? If not, what is the benefit of the spell being stored in game terms?


You get to cast it.

But no, it doesn't "grant the knowledge".


Thank you. Does this mean that a cyberwitch can only cast stored spells while in the GodNet?


Check the Flesh App entry. It can explicitly be cast while out of the Godnet.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kanaris
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:13 am

Gargoyle wrote:
Kanaris wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
You get to cast it.

But no, it doesn't "grant the knowledge".


Thank you. Does this mean that a cyberwitch can only cast stored spells while in the GodNet?


Check the Flesh App entry. It can explicitly be cast while out of the Godnet.


I saw that. But if you know the spell already from a spellcasting perk, you can do that anyway.

User avatar
Gargoyle
Posts: 1797
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:19 am

Kanaris wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
Kanaris wrote:
Thank you. Does this mean that a cyberwitch can only cast stored spells while in the GodNet?


Check the Flesh App entry. It can explicitly be cast while out of the Godnet.


I saw that. But if you know the spell already from a spellcasting perk, you can do that anyway.


You can already cast spells that you know in the Godnet. So the way I've read this, you choose one from the Cyberwitch spell you don't know and can store it in Spell Checker, and cast it both in the Godnet and in the Flesh.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am

Gargoyle wrote:
You can already cast spells that you know in the Godnet. So the way I've read this, you choose one from the Cyberwitch spell you don't know and can store it in Spell Checker, and cast it both in the Godnet and in the Flesh.


Correct.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:26 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
You can already cast spells that you know in the Godnet. So the way I've read this, you choose one from the Cyberwitch spell you don't know and can store it in Spell Checker, and cast it both in the Godnet and in the Flesh.


Correct.


Brilliant, thank you.


Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests