interesting or unique stories

Morgoth Feuerklinge

interesting or unique stories

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:37 am

JohnK wrote:@Morgoth Feuerklinge: Btw, just noticed in your signature that you've run 55 adventures for DSA, yes?

Anything interesting or unique that you've run that you can talk about? (I'm always looking for new plots and scenario ideas.)

Yes, I've played 55 adventures till now. After a break of 5 months we will finally continue playing in December and start a bigger campaign. It is "Spuren der Verheißung" (traces of the promise).

And you can count on it. I've seen some great and impressive stories :D. But it also depends on the group. With unmotivated boredom, however good the adventure may be, it's just no fun. hmmm, I really don't know whether I should spoiler you with information of the adventures. Maybe some of them will be converted to TDE5 and then you are angry about the spoiler.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Re: interesting or unique stories

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 am

I use spoiler message:

In den Fängen des Dämons (in the catches of the demon)
► Show Spoiler

The Orkland trilogy
► Show Spoiler

Hexennacht
► Show Spoiler

Sage of Phileasson
► Show Spoiler

Findet das Schwert der Götter
► Show Spoiler

Die Attentäter
► Show Spoiler

Staub und Sterne
► Show Spoiler

Krieg der Magier
► Show Spoiler

Das Jahr des Greifen
► Show Spoiler

Feenflügel
► Show Spoiler

oh god, I see I like many adventures... at least 2 more adventures I want to introduce you. Please wait I'm writing :)
Last edited by Morgoth Feuerklinge on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 am

Vergessenes Wissen(Forgotten Knowledge)
► Show Spoiler

Geisterjahrmarkt (Ghost Fair)
► Show Spoiler

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Hullo, Morgoth,

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:
JohnK wrote:@Morgoth Feuerklinge: Btw, just noticed in your signature that you've run 55 adventures for DSA, yes?

Anything interesting or unique that you've run that you can talk about? (I'm always looking for new plots and scenario ideas.)

Yes, I've played 55 adventures till now. After a break of 5 months we will finally continue playing in December and start a bigger campaign. It is "Spuren der Verheißung" (traces of the promise).

Ooh, that sounds interesting. If for no other reason, the title. :)

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:And you can count on it. I've seen some great and impressive stories :D. But it also depends on the group. With unmotivated boredom, however good the adventure may be, it's just no fun.

Well, this is true of all rpgs. While players are half the story, it's the GM who really motivates the players and gets them going (in character). The trick is that all the players and the GM have to be invested in the game and the players in their characters. Then again, some adventures won't appeal to various players, which may spoil their enjoyment of the game, but that's another matter.

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:hmmm, I really don't know whether I should spoiler you with information of the adventures. Maybe some of them will be converted to TDE5 and then you are angry about the spoiler.

No, I won't be. I'm coming into The Dark Eye pretty much as a newbie. While the Core Rules was lovely, it didn't have a starting adventure in it (though I guess the Quickstart book served that purpose), so I'm always looking for adventures for the game.

Since we can't know what adventures and campaigns will be converted to TDE5 and then the English version, the spoilers you posted above won't annoy me at all. Some of them sound really interesting and unique, and I hope they'll be brought into the game version we have today, but I can't worry about whether they will or not. That's in the hands of Eric and the powers-that-be at Ulisses Spiele. :)

Out of curiosity, are any of the adventures that you listed above homegrown, or are they all published in previous editions of the German game?
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:54 pm

And it will be quite some time until that happens. TDE 5 has new adventures that fit the timeline and will always be priority. a few classics could be converted much later. and most of them above are quite old to "ancient" now (but great classics without a doubt).

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:And it will be quite some time until that happens. TDE 5 has new adventures that fit the timeline and will always be priority. a few classics could be converted much later. and most of them above are quite old to "ancient" now (but great classics without a doubt).

I figured that those old adventures might never be re-done for the current version of the game, for exactly the reasons you state. Shame, since some of them sound really good, but of course, they are from an earlier time period in the history of Aventuria, so it makes sense not to re-publish them.

I guess I will have to be content and wait for some more adventures, both stand-alone and those that are part of a multi-book small campaign.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 pm

There will always be a demand for the "legendary" campaigns like the Borbarad Campaing, the Phileasson Saga and the year of the griffon. I cant imagine those NOT converted, but they will need every imaginable aspect of the rules so that can only happen when the very last of rulebooks is done. And even then it wont be the first thing they do and it would need adjustments to the timeline. A campaign companion of sorts, telling you which professions did and did not exist, which spells where known and how blessed ones worked in the last Age (way slower regeneration of karma for example).

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:There will always be a demand for the "legendary" campaigns like the Borbarad Campaing, the Phileasson Saga and the year of the griffon.

I suspect that you're right in this, but I'm not sure that demand will come from (English) fans new to the game. More likely the older fans, who want to see what it looks like with the new version of the game.

Bosper wrote:I cant imagine those NOT converted, but they will need every imaginable aspect of the rules so that can only happen when the very last of rulebooks is done.

I hadn't thought of that, to be honest, as those campaigns or multiple book adventures will need the rules that were around at the time for stuff that's not in the Core Book or the Compendium when it comes out. Like you said, after the last of the rulebooks.

Bosper wrote:And even then it wont be the first thing they do and it would need adjustments to the timeline. A campaign companion of sorts, telling you which professions did and did not exist, which spells where known and how blessed ones worked in the last Age (way slower regeneration of karma for example).

Yeah, the campaign timeline would be an awkward thing to work with. Like, for example, do you run the Borbarad thing in the current period or do you have to run it as a separate campaign with different characters and all set back in the past?
=====

JohnK

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 am

It wouldn't be the first one in TDE. As Bosper already mentioned many adventures have been re-released in the past. And there it was no problem that i.e. the Ignispaehro (fireball) wasn't discovered at this moment. The gamemaster has to take care about this or - in doubt - the players ignore such details. Then someone will use a spell that would only be discovered years later. Is that really such a problem if you can play a great adventure game for it?

There are also many adventures that are not time-bound. They can then play at any time, i. e. they can be implemented in the new version without any problems. Of course, this does not apply to adventures that go down in history, such as the Borbarad campaign. I would never play that on another date. In this case, the adventure or campaign will be a one-shot. You create a hero especially for this evening and put it back into the drawer in the hope that at some point an adventure will appear again in this time.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Hullo, Morgoth,

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:It wouldn't be the first one in TDE. As Bosper already mentioned many adventures have been re-released in the past. And there it was no problem that i.e. the Ignispaehro (fireball) wasn't discovered at this moment. The gamemaster has to take care about this or - in doubt - the players ignore such details. Then someone will use a spell that would only be discovered years later. Is that really such a problem if you can play a great adventure game for it?

It's not a great problem per se, to be honest, though it would definitely complicate a game campaign.

That said, how did the re-released adventures of the past sell?

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:There are also many adventures that are not time-bound. They can then play at any time, i. e. they can be implemented in the new version without any problems. Of course, this does not apply to adventures that go down in history, such as the Borbarad campaign. I would never play that on another date. In this case, the adventure or campaign will be a one-shot. You create a hero especially for this evening and put it back into the drawer in the hope that at some point an adventure will appear again in this time.

While that's fine and dandy and works, as I mentioned in my previous post, it's not the same doing a one-shot as running a game campaign.

Personally, I think this would work well, as long as Ulisses Spiele feel it's worthwhile re-doing some of the scenarios from the past for the game, rather than doing new stuff for the line instead. Guess we'll have to wait and see if any of the old scenarios, great or not, make a return to the new version of the game.
=====

JohnK

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”