Our first session in Dark Tides

HenriHakl

Our first session in Dark Tides

Postby HenriHakl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Last Sunday we started Dark Tides, while introducing everybody to the system. Character generation happened first and then we played the first few scenes of the adventure.

We're playing at tier 2. The party consists of Rogue Trader, Astartes Scout, Sister of Battle, and Death Cult Assassin. Our Rogue Trader got friendly with the interim governor and got some additional insights, and I was happily surprised that my incidental ranks in Investigation paid out nicely early on. We (probably?) made good progress.

...that is until we were on the way to the next area and got ambushed by half-a-dozen servitors. Turns out combat is incredibly brutal. Why there is a "lightly wounded" possibility is almost academic. It boils more down to "alive" or "dead". We loved it. Our Rogue Trader died (a new-rules-system mishap actually, as we only realized afterward that troops can't crit), but I hear we're getting a Guardsman to back us up now in his stead.

HenriHakl

Re: Our first session in Dark Tides

Postby HenriHakl » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:59 am

By the way - I forgot to mention that it was great ^_^ (no complaint about the combat lethality)

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (W&G)”