Electric katana/longbow questions

Kuildeous

Re: Electric katana/longbow questions

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am

To support what Deanna was talking about regarding things just stop working, in my oTorg campaign, I simply had the armor provide no benefit. Arrows could tear through it like paper. This resulted in high-tech armor like Armor of God being torn to ribbons the first time the wearer disconnects in a lower tech zone. I also had the katana shatter if it were used in combat.

Which gave the group motivation to be murderhobos and go find someone to fight just to equip themselves. I'm not interested in bringing back that mentality, not to mention the ramifications of a disconnected cyberarm getting bent out of shape. So I use the phasing as a matter of convenience. It's a contract that when they disconnect, they can return to normal when they reconnect. So we really just sort of gloss over that during the game.

But when it comes to weapons, it's generally not an issue for the group to use a lower-tech item. In my last game, the disconnected Orrorshan couldn't use her Tech 16 saber in Aysle. Fortunately, she was surrounded by a half-dozen dead lurks. She was able to pick up a mace and club someone with it.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

TorgHacker

Re: Electric katana/longbow questions

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 am

Kuildeous wrote:
But when it comes to weapons, it's generally not an issue for the group to use a lower-tech item. In my last game, the disconnected Orrorshan couldn't use her Tech 16 saber in Aysle. Fortunately, she was surrounded by a half-dozen dead lurks. She was able to pick up a mace and club someone with it.

And that's actually kinda the intent anyway. Especially with relaxing of Pure Zones to at least allow contradictions by reality-rated characters we still want the Storm Knights to _sometimes_ need to pick up local stuff and use it.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”