Magic I - Kickstarter

grayriver

Re: Magic I - Kickstarter

Postby grayriver » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Almost correctly, Mr. Paladin. Ulisses is making a Dark Eye starter box with premade characters, an adventure or two, and maybe some dice if the translation software is translating correctly? It may be worth their while to translate it to English and get it out here asap.

I definitely have looked at the German site and used a translation website to see what awesome stuff they have. I'm hoping they have the ability to get to all of it, especially since I think Magic 3 has a focus on Druids and Witches.

So much awesome stuff, it might be time to learn German!

Brooding Paladin

Postby Brooding Paladin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Ah, sorry, I'm caught up to you now! Yeah, a starter set would be great. It'd be ideal for me to run a one-shot to introduce my crew to TDE and get everyone comfortable with the "new."

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Brooding Paladin wrote:Well, if I'm following you correctly, I hate to tell you but Magic I is already out in German. And so is Magic II. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they just announced that they're working on Magic III in German. The gods book is already out, too.

Magic III already is out in German. There are no further magic books announced at the moment.

A translation of the starter set is not planned for the near future. I already asked this at the German facebook channel. But I also hope it will come.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 am

GTStar wrote:
Brooding Paladin wrote:Well, if I'm following you correctly, I hate to tell you but Magic I is already out in German. And so is Magic II. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they just announced that they're working on Magic III in German. The gods book is already out, too.

Magic III already is out in German. There are no further magic books announced at the moment.

Which doesnt mean that nothing is in the making, though

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Bosper wrote:
GTStar wrote:

Which doesnt mean that nothing is in the making, though

Correct. But that was not, what the post was about ;)

Nborys

Postby Nborys » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm finding it hard to be excited for the Dark Eye given all the delays on the kickstarter, the relegation of it to 3rd tier (maybe 4th depending on how 40K ends up doing in the near future), and abysmal communication with the customers.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:33 am

I promised myself to be more positive, but when on the 15th of March, after what felt like half of year of complete silence you hear.

Dark Eye Facebook wrote:We know that we’ve been quiet for awhile now but in the background we continued working diligently on both The Dark Eye and how to better inform you, the fans.

And more importantly ...

Dark Eye Facebook wrote: We are sure you saw the posts about the Aventuria Card Game Expansion “Inn of the Black Boar“, it will be part of our next Crowdfunding. We will kickstart it together with the second edition of the Aventuria Card Game core set as well as a lot of cool goodies and stretch goals that will be revealed soon. The campaign begins at the end of this month.

You can also look forward to Aventuria Magic, which will start shortly after the Aventuria card game finishes...

And then the end of the month comes and goes and find ourselves in the middle of the following month, without a reason for this latest delay or even an idea of when this is going to start I have to say, thus far, you are failing at keeping us better informed. I don't mind what the reasons for the delay are, I just would like to know what they are, or if for some reasons that cannot be shared, a statement that there are issues and that it's being worked on, because otherwise 2019 feels a lot like 2018 for the English Dark Eye world.

Dyvim

Postby Dyvim » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Following "the dark eye" on Facebook, the kickstarter for aventuria card game "inn of the black boar" should begin today 04/16/2019.
And the kickstarter for aventuria magic 1 should begin just after the end of this one.

Brooding Paladin

Postby Brooding Paladin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Well, I'm still an enthusiastic supporter, though I get the frustration with the lack of communication. I'm actually excited for both, but unfortunately it sounds like Kickstarter misunderstood that the card game backer thresholds were supposed to be in dollars, not euros. So there is a one-week delay on the Inn of the Black Boar card game expansion.

Anyway, I am fortunate to have money for both. Thanks for the update, Dyvim!

Robert Cousland

Postby Robert Cousland » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Brooding Paladin wrote:Well, I'm still an enthusiastic supporter, though I get the frustration with the lack of communication.

They are trying to get better. Lots of reorganizing, and hiring new people to help compensate for being at least six hours ahead of Americans on the East Coast. It isn't perfect by any means but at least they do know there are issues and are trying to resolve them.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”