Finally Got a Game In

Padre

Finally Got a Game In

Postby Padre » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Finally got a game in, and it was a new experience for all of us. My group was two nieces, a nephew, and my blind father-in-law and I had them choose archetypes. One niece picked the Amazon, a choice I knew was going to be popular for them. ("Either of you want to play Wonder Woman?") The other niece picked the Cyberwitch. My nephew went with the Cartel Assassin, the duel-wield glocks and heavy sniper rifle being the big appeal. My father-in-law chose the Monster Hunter. I ran them through Lost in the Fog from DM: Rising Storm.

Highlights from the evening included my father-in-law playing his cosm card almost immediately, which resulted in a group of mob hitmen walking in to shakedown the coffee shop they were meeting their Delphi Council contact in. Also, my nephew got to use his sniper rifle to catapult the ninja frogman manning the heavy harpoon launcher out across the Nile.

For me, it was a good exercise in describing everything for my father-in-law as he can't see at all. The rest of the table was very helpful looking up his stats and looking up his rolls on the bonus table, etc. Overall, everyone had fun and they said they want to play again.

TorgHacker

Re: Finally Got a Game In

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Padre wrote:Finally got a game in, and it was a new experience for all of us. My group was two nieces, a nephew, and my blind father-in-law and I had them choose archetypes. One niece picked the Amazon, a choice I knew was going to be popular for them. ("Either of you want to play Wonder Woman?") The other niece picked the Cyberwitch. My nephew went with the Cartel Assassin, the duel-wield glocks and heavy sniper rifle being the big appeal. My father-in-law chose the Monster Hunter. I ran them through Lost in the Fog from DM: Rising Storm.

Highlights from the evening included my father-in-law playing his cosm card almost immediately, which resulted in a group of mob hitmen walking in to shakedown the coffee shop they were meeting their Delphi Council contact in. Also, my nephew got to use his sniper rifle to catapult the ninja frogman manning the heavy harpoon launcher out across the Nile.

For me, it was a good exercise in describing everything for my father-in-law as he can't see at all. The rest of the table was very helpful looking up his stats and looking up his rolls on the bonus table, etc. Overall, everyone had fun and they said they want to play again.

Goal achieved. That's exactly why I wanted Amazons to be a big deal. :-)

Also, awesome FIL story. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”