A bit of schadenfreude for you

TorgHacker

A bit of schadenfreude for you

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 am

So last night Greg Gordon ran a game of Torg Eternity on Roll20 for a few of us Ulisses folks and I thought you might get some...amusement over what happened to me.

These were my "first die" rolls for the session:

1, 1, 7, 18, 1, 9, 1, 7, 1, 14, 1, 12, 3, 2, 4 :o

So, as a summary:

6/15, or 40% of my rolls were a 1.

9/15, or 60% of my rolls were 4 or lower.

12/15 or 80% of my rolls were lower than 10.

More context.

That first 1 disconnected me.

That second 1 was my reconnection attempt. So I lost a reality add.

That third 1 was my SECOND reconnection attempt. So I would have transformed if I didn't have a Second Chance card.

That fourth one was "only" a trick test.

That fifth one was an Active Defense and hey, look at that, I've got a special shield! So I disconnect. Again.

:roll:

Okay, you can all stop laughing now. :P
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Count Thalim

Re: A bit of schadenfreude for you

Postby Count Thalim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 am

Sounds like the first act of the Discord based game that Mattritchie is running.

Apart from a single test roll we made part way through the game to check the roller was working we didn't get above 10 on Twenty One rolls in a row.

Though this applied to the bad guys as well. It was like a scene with the keystone kops...
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Stewbacca

Postby Stewbacca » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:43 pm

I play in a weekly Pathfinder game running a monk called "Dutch" He gets those kinds of rolls that whenever any of the other players do poorly, we call it "Dutching the roll." It is such a consistent state of affairs that I just accept I'm only going to get 2 or 3 decent rolls in any given session.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Stewbacca wrote:I play in a weekly Pathfinder game running a monk called "Dutch" He gets those kinds of rolls that whenever any of the other players do poorly, we call it "Dutching the roll." It is such a consistent state of affairs that I just accept I'm only going to get 2 or 3 decent rolls in any given session.

One of the players in my Pathfinder Kingmaker campaign also rolls like that on a consistent basis! His d20s just seem to hate numbers over 10, somehow...

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”