Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

TorgHacker

Re: Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:49 am

Wakshani wrote:Odd question time: How long was Uthorian in control of Ardinay? A year? Ten years? A century?

Does he still have control over the Darkness Device or is it still keyed to her and, thus, out of his control?

About 100 years. And yes, he has control over the Darkness Device.

Or "control". ;)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 am

After flipping past another ad for Pokémon Sword and Shield, I can only hope that one of the backers is setting forth some kind of angry Scotsman.

Because the protagonist from PS&S is just *adorable*.

Matthew Surridge

Postby Matthew Surridge » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26 pm

I've got a question about the spell Energy Shield. The description says: "Choose an energy type, such as fire, lightning, or force. The target gets +4 Toughness vs. that energy type." So does 'choosing' the type come when the spell is taken, or whenever the mage uses the spell? In other words, is the description actually of the separate spells of Fire Shield, Lightning Shield, Force Shield, and so on (which all operate the same way and give the same advantage) or is it a single spell that gives a wizard protection from different stuff depending on what they feel like? I would assume the first (if nothing else because linking the Element of fire with the Inanimate Force of lightning feels unAyslish, as well as a bit out of the Tech level). But I'd like to be sure.

(Also I want to say again how much I love the sourcebook. Great stuff, that really captures a classic fantasy feel while still feeling distinctive not only when compared to other fantasy games but even to the original Aysle book — yet *also* feels like it got at what was good in the old Aysle book.)
Humankind cannot bear very much reality
— T.S. Eliot, who didn't know the half of it

My Torg Eternity review, part one and part two

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Matthew Surridge wrote:I've got a question about the spell Energy Shield. The description says: "Choose an energy type, such as fire, lightning, or force. The target gets +4 Toughness vs. that energy type." So does 'choosing' the type come when the spell is taken, or whenever the mage uses the spell? In other words, is the description actually of the separate spells of Fire Shield, Lightning Shield, Force Shield, and so on (which all operate the same way and give the same advantage) or is it a single spell that gives a wizard protection from different stuff depending on what they feel like? I would assume the first (if nothing else because linking the Element of fire with the Inanimate Force of lightning feels unAyslish, as well as a bit out of the Tech level). But I'd like to be sure.

(Also I want to say again how much I love the sourcebook. Great stuff, that really captures a classic fantasy feel while still feeling distinctive not only when compared to other fantasy games but even to the original Aysle book — yet *also* feels like it got at what was good in the old Aysle book.)

It's one spell, you choose at the time of casting.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Matthew Surridge wrote:

I know, right?

It's one of the ones that needs a Cosm book badly tho. I want to know a LOT more about Asyle itself and the people therein. With the talk of Tolwyn having to maybe go back and lead the Army of Light there, while Ardinay and the British hold the line here, there' a lot of room for, say, diplomatic missions there, to try and woo some bannermen to the cause of Light.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”