It is the dawn of the sixth millennium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation — and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A new Dark Age has descended on humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and even the stars die. Now, feudal lords rules the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds.
Nobles…priests…aliens…knights…starships…psychics…lost worlds…ancient artifacts…FADING SUNS
Ulisses Spiele International is in the earliest exploratory stages of developing the new edition, but in the meantime you can pick up all the current books at DriveThruRPG.
Fading Suns – News
- Updates, updates, and New Releases! - This week is a busy time for Ulisses Spiele's english game lines! Here are the updates for each game line: Updates for Fading Suns and Myth Kickstarters and new release for Torg Eternity and The Dark Eye! Fading Suns A new Fading Suns update is available for backers on the Kickstarter. It includes details on Continue Reading
- Streams, streams, and more streams! - We've kicked off an aggressive streaming schedule with more to come! Subscribe and follow our Twitch and Youtube channels to get notified when we go live and when VOD's get uploaded. TODAY 11am Pacific! Join Robert, our social media manager while he STARTS the Conspiracy of Mages Solo Adventure for The Dark Eye today at 11am Pacific on Continue Reading
- Fading Suns in the Media - As the Fading Suns Kickstarter soars through stretch goals we've been expanding the reach of the Empire by chatting and gaming with folks across the Known Worlds Internet. Below you'll find links to actual plays, podcasts, and articles featuring Fading Suns. Today (Monday) at 1pm Pacific time you can listen to Bill Bridges, co-creator and Continue Reading
- Fading Suns is Burning Bright - The Fading Suns Kickstarter is off to an auspicious start. After being live for just about an hour we're full funded and overcoming stretch goal after stretch goal. Please join us as we begin to truly explore the Known Worlds with the new edition of this fan favorite RPG. Pledge to the Kickstarter now! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/fading-suns-pax-alexius
- Behind the Screen - Let’s talk about gamemastering. The gamemaster plays the NPCs the player troupe encounters in their endeavors. To lessen their load, not all NPCs are created equal. Fading Suns presents three types: Headliners, Agents, and Extras. Headliners are the main movers and shakers, acting as adversaries, rivals, villains, or even helpers. They get all the same Continue Reading
- I Spy with My Imperial Eye - The upcoming Fading Suns Kickstarter (coming March 24th!) includes the big, full-color, brand-new edition core books, chock full of background and game rules. As a gift from the Pancreator, it also includes some additional sourcebooks that give us the skinny on the factions of the Known Worlds: the Imperial Dossiers. The Emperor has a large Continue Reading
- Calling Out Across the Universe - Since we’ve already talked about class and faction, let’s talk about the third major decision you’ll make when creating a character: calling. It’s your character’s profession. (Although that word might be well and good for a guilder, it’s certainly not fit for a noble — it implies “work”, for Pancreator’s sake! And a priest has Continue Reading
- Warring Factions - The Known Worlds is rife with factions. Some have risen and others have crumbled over the centuries since the Fall, but many have proved quite durable. Society cannot share a common communication system so long as it is split into warring factions. — Bertolt Brecht, “A Short Organum for the Theatre” These factions, the major Continue Reading
- The Who, What, and Where of The Known Worlds - Let’s answer some questions frequently asked by those who are new to Fading Suns: Who do you play? What do they do? Where is it set? Who in the Known Worlds Nobles, priests, merchants, and freelancers: these are the social and professional roles people enact in our “Dark Ages in space” Known Worlds society. Those Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Core Mechanics - In our last design diary we talked about the core assumptions of characters with the Class Struggle is Real. It’s been a while since we talked about the core game system. We’ve streamlined it since that time, so let’s review it again. Those familiar with previous editions of Fading Suns will recognize the core mechanic: Continue Reading