It is the dawn of the sixth millennium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation — and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A new Dark Age has descended on humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and even the stars die. Now, feudal lords rules the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds.
Nobles…priests…aliens…knights…starships…psychics…lost worlds…ancient artifacts…FADING SUNS
Ulisses North America is in the earliest exploratory stages of developing the new edition, but in the meantime you can pick up all the current books at DriveThruRPG.
Fading Suns – News
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – June 2018 - It’s a Living Previously, we’ve talked about class — noble, priest, merchant (and there’s also yeoman) — and faction — houses, sects, guilds. This time, let’s talk calling, a character’s profession, the things they actually do for their faction. That’s Classist! But first, let’s not get caught up in the word “class.” Here it refers Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – May 2018 - The Times They are a Changin’ For this month’s diary, let’s talk about some of the changes the Known Worlds have seen since we last visited them. The Known Worlds have had a time of relative peace and stability since Alexius took the throne. Compared to the tumultuous years of the Emperor Wars, where every Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – April 2018 - Last month we talked about “social combat,” what we call the influence system. One of the effects of influence is to impose a state onto a character. This is a mental or social condition that affects the character’s behavior and perhaps even their thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs. They’re most often temporary — fleeting, even. But Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary — March 2018 - This month, I thought I’d be sociable and discuss social “combat”. Fading Suns 4th Edition will have rules for using mental and social coercion and persuasion to win friends and influence Vorox. Or something like that. Below is a brief sketch. We’re still working on the full system, so please realize that this sneak peek Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – February 2018 - Note: This month's Town Crier's Guild report is available now on DriveThruRPG! In this edition of our designer diaries, we ask the immortal question once asked by my favorite rock band: “Who are you?” Characters You can’t have a roleplaying game without roles to play. Characters in Fading Suns are members of a highly religious, far-future Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary — January 2018 - Welcome once again and happy new year! I think 5018 is going to be much better than 5017, with all its mournful losses. Please extend best wishes to Emperor Alexius and his fiancé, Freya Eldridsdottir, on their pending nuptials. If this is news to you, you might want to go back and check out last Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – December 2017 - Merry Lux Splendor! The Known Worlds have many festivals and ritual events. The most cherished is Lux Splendor, the Radiance of Light, commemorating the Prophet’s sanctification of the jumproutes following his death in a jumpgate accident. As I write this, I’ve just finished up the sprawling outline for the core book, which will be assigned Continue Reading
- Fading Suns Designer Diary – November 2017 - Return to the 51st Century! When the stars at night were…, well, not big or bright. Fading, in fact. Fading Suns is a far-future space opera setting that first appeared in the mid-’90s in the form of a tabletop roleplaying-game line and the computer strategy game Emperor of the Fading Suns. It depicts a future Continue Reading
- Gen Con Wrap Up - The 50th Gen Con has wrapped up, and this year was bigger than ever for Ulisses North America! Some of the highlights from this year: The Aventuria Card Game sells out! We managed to sell out of all our boxes of both the base set and the expansions! Retail sales are coming soon, so keep Continue Reading
- Ulisses at Gen Con 50 - We're counting down the days to Gen Con, and we are so excited about all the things we have going on this year. Booths You can find Ulisses Spiele/Ulisses North America in two places within the Exhibit Hall itself. First, we will be sharing space with Paizo (Booth #103). If you visited us last Continue Reading