It is the dawn of the sixth millennium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation — and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A new Dark Age has descended on humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and even the stars die. Now, feudal lords rules the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds.
Nobles…priests…aliens…knights…starships…psychics…lost worlds…ancient artifacts…FADING SUNS
Ulisses Spiele International is in the earliest exploratory stages of developing the new edition, but in the meantime you can pick up all the current books at DriveThruRPG.
Fading Suns – News
- Ulisses Worlds 6/18 feature JM Defoggi - This episodes we talk about all things Ulisses Spiele in English. We talk with John-Matthew Defoggi about streaming Ulisses games and Myth: Tales of Legend. Episode 8 John-Matthew Defoggi Conventions: Ulisses Online Convention July 24th-26th July 24-26th brings Ulisses Online Convention. Together with our German colleagues will work together to create a continuous convention experience for the entire Continue Reading
- Ulisses Worlds 6/4 featuring Bill Bridges - Episode 6 for the week of June 4th. Dive in and see what we’re up to with special guest, Bill Bridges, Fading Suns Line Developer. Episode 6 Bill Bridges: Conventions: Origins has been delayed until later in the year October 7-11, but they’re throwing Origins Online June 19-21st. If you’re interested in running any Continue Reading
- Updates, updates, and New Releases! - This week is a busy time for Ulisses Spiele's english game lines! Here are the updates for each game line: Updates for Fading Suns and Myth Kickstarters and new release for Torg Eternity and The Dark Eye! Fading Suns A new Fading Suns update is available for backers on the Kickstarter. It includes details on Continue Reading
- Streams, streams, and more streams! - We've kicked off an aggressive streaming schedule with more to come! Subscribe and follow our Twitch and Youtube channels to get notified when we go live and when VOD's get uploaded. TODAY 11am Pacific! Join Robert, our social media manager while he STARTS the Conspiracy of Mages Solo Adventure for The Dark Eye today at 11am Pacific on Continue Reading
- Fading Suns in the Media - As the Fading Suns Kickstarter soars through stretch goals we've been expanding the reach of the Empire by chatting and gaming with folks across the Known Worlds Internet. Below you'll find links to actual plays, podcasts, and articles featuring Fading Suns. Today (Monday) at 1pm Pacific time you can listen to Bill Bridges, co-creator and Continue Reading
- Fading Suns is Burning Bright - The Fading Suns Kickstarter is off to an auspicious start. After being live for just about an hour we're full funded and overcoming stretch goal after stretch goal. Please join us as we begin to truly explore the Known Worlds with the new edition of this fan favorite RPG. Pledge to the Kickstarter now! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/fading-suns-pax-alexius
- Behind the Screen - Let’s talk about gamemastering. The gamemaster plays the NPCs the player troupe encounters in their endeavors. To lessen their load, not all NPCs are created equal. Fading Suns presents three types: Headliners, Agents, and Extras. Headliners are the main movers and shakers, acting as adversaries, rivals, villains, or even helpers. They get all the same Continue Reading
- I Spy with My Imperial Eye - The upcoming Fading Suns Kickstarter (coming March 24th!) includes the big, full-color, brand-new edition core books, chock full of background and game rules. As a gift from the Pancreator, it also includes some additional sourcebooks that give us the skinny on the factions of the Known Worlds: the Imperial Dossiers. The Emperor has a large Continue Reading
- Calling Out Across the Universe - Since we’ve already talked about class and faction, let’s talk about the third major decision you’ll make when creating a character: calling. It’s your character’s profession. (Although that word might be well and good for a guilder, it’s certainly not fit for a noble — it implies “work”, for Pancreator’s sake! And a priest has Continue Reading
- Warring Factions - The Known Worlds is rife with factions. Some have risen and others have crumbled over the centuries since the Fall, but many have proved quite durable. Society cannot share a common communication system so long as it is split into warring factions. — Bertolt Brecht, “A Short Organum for the Theatre” These factions, the major Continue Reading