The Dark Eye
The Dark Eye® is the new English edition of Germany’s premiere roleplaying game, Das Schwarze Auge. Explore every corner of Aventuria through a multitude of published adventures, sourcebooks, stories, and even regular newspapers that keep the living world moving forward.
The Aventuria Almanac won a 2017 Silver ENnie in the category of Best Setting!
The Dark Eye Core Rules has been nominated for a 2018 Origins Award!
The Dark Eye – News
- What’s New with The Dark Eye - While we’ve been wrapping up fulfillment on the Aventuria Compendium Kickstarter, we have also been working on exciting new Dark Eye® material. Many of you have expressed curiosity about our plans, so we wanted to catch you up on new developments. But before we do, we want to say we are thrilled to be nominated Continue Reading
- New and Bundled Products for The Dark Eye and Aventuria - It's time to shop! We have several ways to buy products for The Dark Eye and the Aventuria Adventure Card Game, and we want to share them all with you! The Dark Eye on Bundle of Holding First, if you are new to The Dark Eye or just curious about it, then there has never been a better time Continue Reading
- Digital Sales and a Closing Kickstarter - Ulisses Spiele always likes to close out the year with some great digital sales, and this year we are including many of our English-language products! Right now and through tomorrow (December 7th), you can get The Dark Eye Core Rules and the Aventuria Almanac for 50% off! Also, the excellent fiction anthology Starless Sky is available for only $2.99! Also, Continue Reading
- Armory Preview #2 – Weapons - Although the Aventuria Armory is still in layout, we do have art and text to share, and we wanted to get in at least one more good preview before the end of the Compendium Kickstarter. Of course, a large portion of the Armory is devoted to weaponry, so let's take a look at a couple samples. Double-Khunchomer “So, you Continue Reading
- Compendium Preview #9 – Combat in Three Dimensions - We have talked quite a bit about the variety that the Aventuria Compendium offers for the non-combatant. But there is certainly plenty in the book that will enrich your combat experience and storytelling! The section entitled Combat in Three Dimensions includes information on combat in water, in the air, in chariots, and on a variety of mounted Continue Reading
- Compendium Preview #8 – Professions - In addition to full-constructed archetypes, the Aventuria Compendium also includes a wide variety of new profession packages. These packages provide the perfect starting point for your hero, and many of the ones you'll find in this book offer a very different approach to heroism. We've mentioned it before, and now here it is - the full Continue Reading
- Compendium Preview #7 – Hit Zones - The Compendium Kickstarter launched last Friday and is already doing very well! We're over 400% and unlocking stretch goals quickly! Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far! In today's preview, we're going to dig into an exciting optional combat rule set available in the Aventuria Compendium - Hit Zones! Here's an excerpt from the Continue Reading
- Armory Preview #1 – Adventuring Gear - As we discussed in detail in yesterday's preview, tomorrow we are launching the Aventuria Compendium Kickstarter. But despite the name, there is another star in this Kickstarter campaign, and that is the Aventuria Armory. The Aventuria Armory is a substantial book in its own right, and well-deserving of its own series of articles. And so today we begin with our Continue Reading
- Compendium Preview #6 – Kickstarter Overview - First, the important information: The Aventuria Compendium Kickstarter will launch Friday, November 17th, at 9:00am Eastern (14:00 UTC, 3:00pm Germany). This is a shorter campaign, ending on Friday, December 8th. Now, for those who like to plan ahead, we have some information for you. Featured Products This Kickstarter is centered around two main books, the Aventuria Compendium and the Aventuria Continue Reading
- Compendium Preview #5 – Craft Skills - Do you want to make your way across Aventuria plying your trade as a skilled craftsperson instead of a sword-swinging adventurer? The Aventuria Compendium has you covered! The Compendium contains a huge section on craft skills and crafting procedures for those who want to bring this kind of experience into their game. In this first full-page preview Continue Reading